Limited Run Games performs a great service to mankind by printing physical editions of digital games that might otherwise face eventual deletion from the universe. Ordinarily they keep their release schedule to their chest, until today: the company revealed a ton of upcoming releases on the way during their first-ever E3 presentation, broadcast on Twitch in hilariously low-budget fashion (greenscreened people on a CGI stage with a literal cardboard audience).
Below is everything Limited Run revealed today, in order of announcement. The dates mentioned are for when preorders will start, not when the games ship.
- Golf Story — Nintendo Switch, September 2018
A huge get for Limited Run. Golf Story was a big hit on Switch’s digital storefront, and the physical version should sell crazy numbers.
- Iconoclasts — Playstation 4, PS Vita, Q3 2018
- Observer — Playstation 4, July 2018
- Layers of Fear — Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, October 2018
- Thumper — Playstation 4/VR, Nintendo Switch, July 20th
Limited Run’s first release compatible with PS VR.
- House in Fata Morgana — Playstation 4, PS Vita, Q1 2019
Limited Run’s first Japanese title where they are performing the localization work themselves. The company is growing!
- 2064: Read Only Memories — PS Vita, June 29
This one will have a Collector’s Edition with a ton of extra physical goodies.
- VA-11-HALL-A — PS Vita, June 29
Also has a Collector’s Edition.
- Senran Kagure Bon Appetit – Full Course — PS Vita, Summer 2018
Embarrassing Japanese cooking/moe jiggle game.
- Oceanhorn — Nintendo Switch, right now
But it doesn’t HAVE to be right now…preorders will remain open for a month’s time. It looks good — an overhead Wind Waker basically.
- Cosmic Star Heroine — Nintendo Switch, digital in August, physical TBD
Limited Run’s first digital release, serving as distributor. I feel ripped off — I just bought the PS4 version.
- Yooka-Laylee — Nintendo Switch, August 2018
Not a misprint!
- Spelunky — Playstation 4, PS Vita, TBD
- Exile’s End — Playstation 4, PS Vita, Summer 2018
- Night Trap — Nintendo Switch, July 6 2018
Nintendo famously stated before Congress, “Night Trap will never appear on a Nintendo console.” I’m disappointed in them.
- Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds Overdrive — Playstation 4, PS Vita, Summer 2018
- Salt and Sanctuary — Playstation 4, PS Vita, August 24, 2018
Limited Run’s most demanded title (lately).
- Dust: An Elysian Tail — Nintendo Switch, TBD
- Double Switch: 25th Anniversary Edition — Platform TBA
This was the follow-up to Night Trap, starring Corey Haim and Debbie Harry. That’s one more 80s celebrity than Night Trap (which just had Dana Plato).
Limited Run also announced a sequel to Saturday Morning RPG (which was made by Mighty Rabbit Studios, associated with founding members of the company) during the video chat after the presentation.