General Discussion Do You Enjoy Your Own Company?

I am someone who has always enjoyed their own company. I enjoy it more than I enjoy the company of others, regardless of if I like said others or not. I prefer to spend time by myself. I can find endless tasks to do to keep myself entertained, and in ways that other people cannot provide for me. I don't always like the distraction of having other people there. I work best alone, I find, and I have THE most fun when I am by myself.

I mean, don't get me wrong; I can have buckets of fun with friends and family members too, but I can never wait to be by myself again lol. I am making myself sound like a right psycho aren't I? lmao!

So I wanted to ask other people. Do you enjoy your own company?

Yes I do, much more than anything. People just usually get in the way of the stuff I like doing, like watching tv.

I'm an introverted person, so yeah, I enjoy my own company a lot. I prefer to be alone most of the time, and when I like to be with friends, I prefer small groups... 3 max. I prefer to go out with one friend, because I really don't enjoy hanging out in big groups.

I'm so glad I found someone like me... my boyfriend is exactly the same, but we love each other's company. I feel so good :) He also likes to spend a lot time at home and I'm able to know where he is most of the time; no worries in that aspect. I used to date guys who used to have way too many friends and liked to go out a lot, no wonder our relationships never lasted; we weren't compatible at all! Also... it was so hard to really know what they were doing; I feel so much peace of mind with this guy!

I have no problems being alone, I get entertained fairly easily so I suppose that means I enjoy my own company. Sometimes I even prefer to be alone because I don't feel too comfortable around some people...

I'm an introverted person, so yeah, I enjoy my own company a lot. I prefer to be alone most of the time, and when I like to be with friends, I prefer small groups... 3 max. I prefer to go out with one friend, because I really don't enjoy hanging out in big groups.

I'm so glad I found someone like me... my boyfriend is exactly the same, but we love each other's company. I feel so good :) He also likes to spend a lot time at home and I'm able to know where he is most of the time; no worries in that aspect. I used to date guys who used to have way too many friends and liked to go out a lot, no wonder our relationships never lasted; we weren't compatible at all! Also... it was so hard to really know what they were doing; I feel so much peace of mind with this guy!

I am both an introvert and an extrovert. When I am feeling social, I am feeling social, and I am the loudest funniest, life and soul of the party. And that is not me being fake. That really is me, but there is also another side of me too, the part of me which is introverted and just likes to be alone.

But if I do hang out or party with my friends, then I usually cannot wait to get home and being alone and recharge for the next few days. I am somewhat of an empath, and so I tend to take on a lot of other people's emotions, and that is why I am exhausted when I get homer,. and prefer to be alone.

Sometimes, I just want to be alone , and I seem to need those times, so that I can just rest and rejuvenate my mind and body. Other times, I really enjoy being with a close friend, or family member, and just spending time together.
Once person that is never an intrusion into my world , is my daughter, Robin. She is also my best friend in all the world, and we always enjoy the time that we spend together, whether doing something fun together, or just sitting and enjoying breakfast and coffee at IHOP on a quiet Sunday morning.
Since I don't get to see her very often anymore, I am usually at home, and don't get out to socialize. I keep in contact with my family and friends online, and that is something I look forward to doing.

I do. I think you need to, even if you also enjoy being around others.

I am both an introvert and an extrovert. When I am feeling social, I am feeling social, and I am the loudest funniest, life and soul of the party. And that is not me being fake. That really is me, but there is also another side of me too, the part of me which is introverted and just likes to be alone.

But if I do hang out or party with my friends, then I usually cannot wait to get home and being alone and recharge for the next few days. I am somewhat of an empath, and so I tend to take on a lot of other people's emotions, and that is why I am exhausted when I get homer,. and prefer to be alone.

Same here, I can be social as well, but that doesn't happen too often. I find the recharging process very tiresome sometimes, because I also tend to take on people's emotions... and that's why I like to stay away from negative people; it really affects me! Do you happen to be pisces? I read pisces feel drained after socializing for a while, I ask because I'm pisces :)

Definitely! Can't get enough of it. When my parents are at work I get a lot of time to myself. I wish I had more in fact.