General Discussion Can You Handle The Truth?

It depends, right now I'm going tru a lot changes linked to my disease, most of them are physical. So I'm quite sensitive when it comes to the way I look, I'm not sure I could handle the truth from my boyfriend. But I'd like to be told the truth when it really matters, like for example when he starts to feel we are going tru a hard time or if he ever wants to split.

I always press him to tell me the truth, like for example, when he feels I've said something offensive or when he feels irritated (by me). I do the exact same thing, I'm actually yoo frank and direct for my own good.

Oh, by the way... if I had just a few weeks or months left to life, I'd definitely like to know that!

Eh, sure that the truth is better, but sometimes you have to golden the pill. If my wife asks me if her new clothes look good, what would I answer, that they are ugly? Sure, they are nice. :)

Some very good posts here on this subject. It is true. The number ONE reason why people can't handle the truth is because of ego, and the need to preserve that. A lot of people tend to think that ego is a bad thing and it kind of gets a bad rap in the spiritual world. But the truth is that it is necessary for out survival, so that we can experience this 3d time and space reality. The problem is that the ego has taken over and is now driving the car, and the soul - the observer - is no longer driving anymore, and things should be the other way around.

Eh, sure that the truth is better, but sometimes you have to golden the pill. If my wife asks me if her new clothes look good, what would I answer, that they are ugly? Sure, they are nice. :)

You should NEVER be honest about a girl's appearance, because no matter how you choose to say the truth, there is no way a woman will take that well. Women are very sensitive when it comes to the way they look, and I don't blame them... the stupid media and society in general are constantly bombarding us with strange beauty concepts.

You should NEVER be honest about a girl's appearance, because no matter how you choose to say the truth, there is no way a woman will take that well. Women are very sensitive when it comes to the way they look, and I don't blame them... the stupid media and society in general are constantly bombarding us with strange beauty concepts.

Lol. I disagree. If a girl looks beautiful and you think that, then you should say so. Or if there are two items of clothing that a woman is asking your advice on, you kindly - as if you are simply suggesting it - point her towards the one that would compliment her body more. If she asks why, go with the positive reason, not the negative one.

all women are extremely beautiful, and it is about time we get to know that.

Sorry Dreek, but Trellum is spot on, never tell a woman the truth about how she looks! :D

Once I told my wife some pants didn't look good on her, she never wore them again...! ;)

Sorry Dreek, but Trellum is spot on, never tell a woman the truth about how she looks! :D

Once I told my wife some pants didn't look good on her, she never wore them again...! ;)

I disagree. You told your wife that some pants didn't look good on her. Who says that to their wife? Lol. If the opportunity arises, and you are asked to choose between two items of clothing, than go with one and give positive reasons, not negative. Things will turn out just fine lol. She may even consult with you about what clothes to wear again.

Great question.

I rather handle the truth, than deal with a lie. In the end, the truth hurts but needs to be said. A lie, digs deep and it is harder to come to terms with.

Lol. I disagree. If a girl looks beautiful and you think that, then you should say so. Or if there are two items of clothing that a woman is asking your advice on, you kindly - as if you are simply suggesting it - point her towards the one that would compliment her body more. If she asks why, go with the positive reason, not the negative one.

all women are extremely beautiful, and it is about time we get to know that.

I emant not telling her them if they look bad wearing something... that would hurt then, specially if they're sensitive. I thought it was obvious I meant men should never tell women negative things about their appearence. Obviously saying they're beautiful is fine, so is pointing them to a better clothing option. I never said that wasn't ok :D What isn't ok is being brutally honest with a woman when she's not looking well.

Most women are very sensitive :p I remember we had a TV ad talking about that, the TV ad was basically showing a couple. They showed two scenes, in one the guy said she looked a bit fat in that dress, lol. In the another one he didn't and she was so happy! LOL. That ad explained my point very well.

You should NEVER tell a woman she looks fat in x piece of clothing, even is she asks you if she looks fat. After all she's just seeking your approval and reassurance at the same time.