Old time Cartoons

No, I am talking about the 90's. I wasn't born in the 80's. I was actually born in 1990. It seems like the more time goes on, the more quality we lose to things, including cartoons, so I can't even imagine what the eighties cartoons must have been like.

Ok, yeah I thought so. Everything changed so quickly once technology was first tapped into, so it didn't take long for them to give into kids and start dishing out the cartoons every day of the week. That was exciting lol. But then, there was something nice about being excited about Saturday.. kinda like a mini Christmas morning haha. I lost interest in cartoons shortly after that, accept for the few with a new kind of humour I loved. I don't know what it is about older cartoons.. there's just something more authentic and well done about them. I can't put my finger on it..

I remember Felix the Cat, and the old Popeye cartoons, in black and white. Betty Boop was a little before my time, but I remember Boop cartoons when I was very little.

Annette Funicello was a Mouseketeer and Kurt Russell was still a little kid in Disney movies.

Ok, yeah I thought so. Everything changed so quickly once technology was first tapped into, so it didn't take long for them to give into kids and start dishing out the cartoons every day of the week. That was exciting lol. But then, there was something nice about being excited about Saturday.. kinda like a mini Christmas morning haha. I lost interest in cartoons shortly after that, accept for the few with a new kind of humour I loved. I don't know what it is about older cartoons.. there's just something more authentic and well done about them. I can't put my finger on it..

I can imagine that there was something nice about waiting for each Saturday morning for your favourite cartoons to air. These days that is kind of gone. The same cartoons air almost every day, if you have the correct TV channels. I mean have you ever watched an episode of SpongeBob Squarepants? It never makes any sense at all. It is just a while load of crap, and it intends to fill our children's minds with crap too. Those old cartoon had substance to them.

I can imagine that there was something nice about waiting for each Saturday morning for your favourite cartoons to air. These days that is kind of gone. The same cartoons air almost every day, if you have the correct TV channels. I mean have you ever watched an episode of SpongeBob Squarepants? It never makes any sense at all. It is just a while load of crap, and it intends to fill our children's minds with crap too. Those old cartoon had substance to them.

.... oh i give up.. back tomorrow, sorry for my "responses" lol

Ah, yes they did. And *gasp* violence! And smoking and drinking!! haha.. hmmm.. maybe that explains some things :p

They did have substance.. and it was great to look forward to Saturday mornings (not that kids don't look forward to the weekends today, but... you know? lol). I was born a while before the age of technology and instant gratification. Now cartoons are all day every day and written precisely for today's attention span...... I sound old haha.

Oh Saturday mornings, what happened to you? lol. I used to watch the Flintstones , Tom & Jerry.. remember Woody Woodpecker? Actually, if you were a Saturday morninger, we watched all the same things! It's not like we had the options they have today. We had the best cartoons! For me though, nothing will ever beat Bugs Bunny and the gang.. they all still have my heart <3

Ha Ha. Yes.. no choices back then. I looked forward to Saturday mornings. Buggs Bunny, Elmer, Woody, Daffy, Road Runner. Good old cartoons that never died, no matter how terrible accident they ever had. I use to love watching Daffy loose his beak and turn around to his back.

What happened to the good old humor we use to enjoy.

I remember Felix the Cat, and the old Popeye cartoons, in black and white. Betty Boop was a little before my time, but I remember Boop cartoons when I was very little.

Annette Funicello was a Mouseketeer and Kurt Russell was still a little kid in Disney movies.

Oh My, you are going way back. Felix the Cat, was so troublesome, He was always followed by the "crazy cat". Those were fun.
Regarding Popeye, I just saw the 80's movie with Robin Williams in it. I felt like a kid again. Yes, I am certified old fashioned cartoon lover.

Oh My, you are going way back. Felix the Cat, was so troublesome, He was always followed by the "crazy cat". Those were fun.
Regarding Popeye, I just saw the 80's movie with Robin Williams in it. I felt like a kid again. Yes, I am certified old fashioned cartoon lover.

Ack! I forgot about that movie! I'm going to download that for my youngest. I don't even remember if it was any good or not lol.. we shall see :)

Ah, yes they did. And *gasp* violence! And smoking and drinking!! haha.. hmmm.. maybe that explains some things :p

They did have substance.. and it was great to look forward to Saturday mornings (not that kids don't look forward to the weekends today, but... you know? lol). I was born a while before the age of technology and instant gratification. Now cartoons are all day every day and written precisely for today's attention span...... I sound old haha.

It doesn't matter when you were born. I bet you are still smoking lol ;) I actually don't feel like children look forward to Saturdays to watch cartoons. They can get them ever day of the week if Cable or sky is installed lol. It is not really that much of a sacred thing any more. I think that playing the latest game on Xbox is much more sacred to the children of today.

It doesn't matter when you were born. I bet you are still smoking lol ;) I actually don't feel like children look forward to Saturdays to watch cartoons. They can get them ever day of the week if Cable or sky is installed lol. It is not really that much of a sacred thing any more. I think that playing the latest game on Xbox is much more sacred to the children of today.

Yeah, can't expect things to stay the same and I wouldn't want them to.. it's just sort of fascinating too watch the differences settle in now that technology is so fast and furious. I didn't live THAT much differently than my parents and they didn't live that much differently than their's. My kids have access to a massively different culture than I did though. It's like the tv was invented.. a million years later came a couple other devices than BOOM haha.. it just doesn't stop now and kids are being raised completely different and even their brains are completely different. That's why I'm thinking hmm.. maybe Autism/Aspergers is the next step in the evolutionary process and not the disorder they think it is.

That escalated quickly lol