Music Any oldies songs you're still down with?

Seeing as about a third of my iTunes library could be considered "oldies", then yes I'm still down with it haha. I've recently started listening to a couple "The Trashmen" songs again. "Sleeper", "A-Bone" and "Kuk" being the top three. My Dad used to play the greatest hits album in the car when I was a kid, so I'm very fond of this band. :D They're from the 60's, so I would consider them "oldies".

I also love Led Zeppelin pretty hard core, which is another band that my Dad played a lot when I was kid and ended up falling in love with them again in my late teenage years. Led Zeppelin is about 1960 something to 1980, so again, I think those are "oldies". Also, isn't an oldie an song that is at least 5 years old? Or maybe it's 10 years, I'm not quite sure.

We're so used to hearing Justin Beiber and Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift and lots of other modern artists. But as they say, classics never fade. Is that saying true? Are you still down with listening to old music from Frank Sinatra or the Beatles or Elvis Presley or The Rolling Stones?

Personally I'm still down with some of the Beatles music. I think that their songs are timeless. What classics are you down with?
As a musician and a fan of music. Anytime I lose my inspiration or get a block, I play the Beatles. It's so much great sound to learn from., but my favorite old school music is anything from Motown.

I like the oldies, I like listening to some of the songs from the Do Wop era. I got in the habit of doing that because the Laundromat where I do my clothes always plays a station that's all solid gold hits. It reminds me that there was a time once, not to different then my time. It just seems like things were simpler then, many of these star were just kids, some right out of High School. Times may change but feelings all remain. Many of todays songs don't invoke feelings like the classics do.

Now, what do you consider oldies? Are we talking about jams that were played in the 60's - 90's? If so, I have to say with TLC. I love their chill music and funky humor. I thought they were awesome group of women that knew how to sing and tell a story. They knew what they were doing to connect you to their music and just want to jam out in your car; whether people stared or not.

One song that I always goo back too when I'm in the mood for some throwbacks is "I'd Rather Be With You" by Bootsy Collins. Another song that I just can't get enough of after all of these year is "Five Minutes of Funk" by Whodini. I also love "What You Won't Do For Love" by Bobby Caldwell. It was sampled by Tupac at some point but I'm a huge fan of the original.

Like A Prayer by Madonna. Such a beautiful song, you still feel that magical feeling listening to it to it even after all these years.

I love the oldies just as much as I love new music that comes out today. I have a whole playlist on my spotify called "Get Psyched" playlist and most of it are songs from before 2010

I love the oldies just as much as I love new music that comes out today. I have a whole playlist on my spotify called "Get Psyched" playlist and most of it are songs from before 2010

Is it all high and no low? :D

I am all in for oldies. The ones that stick really happen to be top quality; I'd probably not like as much the forgotten artists from the older days with puffy hair and lame songs! But really, gimme Elvis and Frank Sinatra any day. I catch myself humming 'Fly Me to the Moon' a lot. Also love REM and Journey; and I love the songs 'Lean on Me' and 'Stand by Me' and 'Can't Take my Eyes Off of You'. They just have this nice tone that is not loud, and that makes for nice music, nice love songs too. Of course, the Beatles are classics, who would doubt that? And the Beach Boys!

I really love what OP considers "old music" than new music, really.

I love the oldies. Maybe it's my age showing? Most of the music I listen to is from the 70s and 80s. I'm not too keen on most of the bands around right now, apart from Kasabian.

I must be getting old because I find myself listening to radio stations that use slogans like the best oldie songs, or the best songs of yesterday. I guess a song that was released last year could also be considered an oldie. I like the older music videos that use to tell a story. Nowadays it seems the artists are just dancing around and some of them leave me wondering who came up with the concept as I'm lost on what the video was trying to express. It can be a good song just a confusing video. Anyway one of favorite groups is Boyz 2 Men. I also like Brian McKnight and Backstreet Boys. There are a lot of great songs from Sting and Annie Lennox who are a little older. I still enjoy listening to songs from Nat King Cole and even Green Day.