Favorite Anime?

I think this goes here! haha! But what is your favorite anime? I really enjoy Sword Art Online (don't say much, still watching!), Dangan Ronpa, Free!, and Wolf's Rain. Feel free to give suggestions!!

One of my favorite animes right now is Naruto. Me and my bestie have been following this anime for a while :) That's how our love for japan and japanese culture grew even more :) I also like Bleach, Cinderella man, Death Note & Slayers (a very old anime).

I can't watch certain animes for some reason, they just bore me to death. I have no idea how the famous animes such as Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece get so much popularity. I watched one or two episodes of Naruto, and couldn't continue to watch. I've probably watched 3 or 4 anime movies which I really enjoyed.

One of them was My Neighbor Totoro. I believe I watched this last year on my trip to China. I had nothing to do, and was interested in watching a movie, and I came upon this anime. After watching it, I really enjoyed it. I can't remember what happened fondly anymore, just bits and pieces of the big, giant creature riding a cat school bus. The movie was spectacular, and the music was great.

Another one I've watched recently was Up on Poppy Hill. I don't want to spoil it in case some people haven't watched it, but it was great. The storyline was great, I teared a bit at the end, but that happens with most TV shows, and movies I watch because of the feeling of emptiness.

I can go on and on, but I would rather not. To sum it all up, I don't watch animes that are made into series such as Naruto, Bleach, or SAO. I enjoy animes made into movies.

I have watched a lot of anime and it's so hard to choose! But two favorites come to mind:
  1. Samurai X - It featured the wandering samurai Kenshin Himura and his journey to live a peaceful life. It was funny, engaging, intense, and full of action. It made samurais look so cool.
  2. Honey and Clover - this is the anime that touched my heart when I was in college. It was heart warming and heartbreaking and uplifting. It told a tale of love and heartache and self discovery - the things that I were experiencing when I was undergoing adolescence.

I love My Neighbor Totoro! You should definitely watch all of Miyazaki's films. :]

I've heard of Honey and Clover! I guess I should check all these animes out!

I love My Neighbor Totoro! You should definitely watch all of Miyazaki's films. :]

I've heard of Honey and Clover! I guess I should check all these animes out!
I'm sure you'll love Honey and Clover. My cousin Melinda was the one who introduced me to the series. I thought it was all girly girly but I was surprised that I was immediately absorbed into it. My cousin and I loved it and I'm sure that you will too. :)

Just yesterday, I finished another anime called "Howl's Moving Castle". I was interested in seeing more animes since I've been on a streak recently, and want to fill the emptiness after watching a movie by watching more and more animes. My point still stands though, I can't get into animes with episodes; only movies. So basically, I just went on IMDb and searched for top animes. Howl's Moving Castle was almost in every list, so I thought, why not?

My thoughts on the anime? Very sweet. The characters were basically all good, and the movie was great. If you haven't watched it yet, I would recommend it!

I would love to be esoteric and answer with something impressively obscure, but the truth is that my all-time favourite anime--the one that I can watch endlessly and never grow tired off--is Akira! (In fact, it's one of the few animes that I even like!)

I'm sure everyone with even a passing interest is familiar with Akira, but I'll elaborate as to why it's my favourite regardless: It begins as a dystopia cyber-punk tale about feuding biker gangs, moves into a fairly subversive territory skewering rebellious youth and conformity, militarism, political corruptness, "mad science" run amok, blind religious zealotry, and nightmarish power fantasies of a disgruntled youth with superpowers, becomes a monster movie towards the end, and ultimately finishes with transcendence into higher planes of existence! I love dystopian, sci-fi, cyper-punk movies, but I love it even more when a film takes one to so many places and touches upon so many themes, especially when it does so with such bold audacity and youthful energy!

(I grew up with the original English dub though, so the newer English voice-acting just seems a bit off to my ears.)

My favorite would have to be Gurren Lagann.
It was one of the first anime shows I ever saw, and it was also one of the first good ones that really got me pumped up, following the storyline. It's an extremely typical shounen-type show, but something about the energy the characters give off just really draws me in.

Of course, that also means I loved Kill la Kill, as well.

I actually prefer Log Horizon over SAO - the "smart/genius" type protagonists always greatly appeal to me.

My favorite anime right now is Black Bullet. I really like a lot of animes so it's hard to pick from older ones. I'll stick to the favorite right now. It's a good anime, if you're not watching it you should be.