Tech How often do you get a new phone?

I think that the mobile phone industry is moving faster and faster every year. Back in the early 2000s when Nokia was still the king, I remember phones lasting for more than 1 year. Now, because there's a lot of manufacturers, there's a new phone being released every other month. So, with new technology always there for the taking, how often do you buy a new phone?

The last time I got a new phone was in 2011. Mines fine for what i want it to do so I don't feel a need to change it.

My mum hasn't had a new phone since 2003 and it's still working fine!

I get a new phone every two years. I know it should be every year if I really want to keep up with technology, but there are so many other things that I need to buy so every two years is enough.

As I like to always buy high-end models, I would probably say, 3-4yr each phone, gonna make that initial investment work, for me, it's not worth buying a phone which is released for more than half a year even if it still seems quite good imo, all people still wanting to buy the iphone 4, and trust me I know plenty of them, need to seriously think their tech knowledge, and that's just one example.

I am pretty good with keeping phones "clean" and not broken. I use a case which helps more than you will think. But I probably average a new phone every 20+ months or so. I guess it all depends on the usage and your plan as well.

Soon all phones will be waterproof!

Hah, I've only had 2 cell phones in my life, and I'm still using the 2nd one. I recently found my first Samsung flip phone, and after plugging it into the charger, it still worked perfect. The only reason why I switched phones was because of a cheaper plan with another provider, and the fact that the phone I have now has a physical keyboard, which I much prefer over the standard number pad and touch screen for texting.

I only get a new phone when the previous one breaks down or has become difficult to use. Sometimes I don't even get a new one but rather a second hand phone from a friend or family member. I honestly don't see the point in spending too much money on phones since I just mostly send messages with it. I have a tablet to do the other things people do with their phones.

I haven't been the same since my trusty IPhone broke. I've tried at least 3 phones in one year. My iPhone keep me organized, I am getting another and sticking to it.

Oh, i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one who doesn't change their phone every month! This is great to see.

I haven't been the same since my trusty IPhone broke. I've tried at least 3 phones in one year. My iPhone keep me organized, I am getting another and sticking to it.

3 phones in one year? Wow. What did you ever do with them? How many phones do you have right now? I currently have three but they were accumulated throughout the years. Now, I plan to dispose of one of my phones and I'd try not to purchase a new one this year.