Books Audiobooks Vs Hard Copy Books

I don't know what it is but I have always enjoyed having stories told to me, ever since I was a child. I am ow twenty-two-years-old and I still love having stories recited to me, which is why I am more inclined to listen to audiobooks than actually sit down and read a book. Don't get me wrong, I love to sit down and read and have some peace and quiet, but you have to do even less if someone is reading the story to you, and it is cool to hear the narrator do all of the different voices for the different characters. I just wish that more of the books that I was interested in were available in audiobook format.

What do you prefer? Audiobooks or physical books?

Audiobooks are great. When I was learning German I bought the Grimm Brothers Tales in CD and they helped me a lot and kept me entertained as well. But this was for a specific purpose, if I want to read something I do it in paper.

sos

My preference is the physical books. This is because I get a great feeling of achievement when I turn the last page. However, I think it's because I have never listened to audio books. I will have to say that it is fifty-fifty for me.

I actually like both, its nice to snuggle up in bed with a book and for audio reading l can read while l'm on the go and audio books are pretty cheap now so l have the best of both worlds:)

I used to both, which I would read hardcover books at home or at work, then listen to audiobooks while I drive to work and home. I no longer listen to audiobooks because I am very picky about what kind of audiobooks I listen to. I prefer reading off physical books for now.

Hmm, I never tried listening to audiobooks before. I imagine them as videos without, well, a picture. I don't think that I would ever be entertained by listening to an audiobook. I prefer a hard copy. I like reading for myself. I'm no longer a child you know. :D

Audiobooks put me to sleep. Most of the dictators out there have a monotonous voice. I surely prefer hard copy books over it. Plus it takes too much time to download audiobooks.

Both audio books and physical books put me to sleep, but I'd rather listen to one than read one. I'm a lazy reader and I'm glad I finished school because I wanted to get away from the books.

I think that both are great, but that they have different places in my life. I make heavy use of them both, though.

I listen to audiobooks only in circumstances where I couldn't really read a physical book, and use physical books (or my Kindle, anyway) in other situations.

The most common places that I use audiobooks are in the car (during commutes, on the way to the store, etc) and when I'm out on walks or runs around the neighborhood where I'd be tripping on things and running into stuff if I tried to read.

I recently gave audiobooks a try after being adamantly against them for a long time (since always really).
The one I tried first was World War Z and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality, I can see myself really enjoying this way of "reading".

Of course this might be because World War Z had a ridiculously good cast doing the reading with names like Nathan Fillion, Martin Scorcese, Alan Alda , John Turturro, Simon Pegg and Mark Hammill.

We'll see if I keep enjoying audiobooks as much when I find another one without the great cast.