Books Books that you have failed to finish

Have you failed to finish reading a book? I've failed to finish reading Emilly Griffin's - Where we belong.
It's not that the book was so horrible but life is very short to waste your time on boring books. You can predict what will happen at the end after reading 15% of the book. I gave up after 1/4 of the book :)

Shaken Not Stirred!!
The only book I never finished was L Ron Hubbard's Dianetics.. It's the book now made famous by his "religion" Scientology. The book is around a 1000 pages with some interesting things but a lot didn't make any sense and got quite boring half way through. Thats just my opinion of course :confused:

Administrator
Staff member
I stopped reading somewhere during the third book of the Price of Freedom series. I just got bored and dropped it. The first two books were flawed, but interesting enough. It follows Sumto, the scholarly but lazy son of a powerful family. They're from a city with a very long history that relies on slave labor. After being threatened by his sister's betrothed, Sumto enlists in the army and the rest of the first book follows his attempts to establish himself and survive. Much of the book is Sumto's internal debate on military strategy and theory and his conflict over his society's use of slave labor. I found is surprisingly engaging for a book where not much happens until late in the story.

The author's website:
http://forwardviewmirror.blogspot.com/

I don't think there is a book that I haven't finished unless it was a book I read and disliked. I usually give the book 2 chapters, if it doesn't interest me by then I stop reading.

There have been a few books that I have started reading and failed to finish. One well-known book that I failed to finish is Twilight. When I was in middle school, I read the book until I had like 100 pages left, and then the book disappeared. I was reading it for school, so I did not really care that much. By that point, I had already figured out the ending.

I couldn't finish Gone Girl. I know it's been on the best seller list for over a year, and it's hard for me to understand why. The writing itself is excellent, and the suspense is good. But I found that I thoroughly disliked both of the main characters. I like character-driven books, and these were just people I didn't want to spend any more time with. I think I got through about half of it.

Catch 22 but that wasn't because I didn't enjoy it! I had a lot on at the time and I just never went back to it.
Lord of the Rings I got halfway through the third book and gave up and watched the film. I really enjoyed the first two books the last one just seemed to drag.

I read one paragraph of Fifty Shades of Grey and I couldn't take any more. I just couldn't believe something so badly written would be published.:eek:

I have a tendency to be enthusiastic about something, and then suddenly lose interest in it at any given moment. This has happened for me more than a few times involving books. I bought a collection of Sherlock Holmes books, read partway through the first novel, and haven't gone back to it since (which was more than 2 years ago). And it was really good, too. Yup.