Tech Browser of choice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rastergrafx, Nov 27, 2013.

1. rastergrafx

rastergrafx Member

IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome... We all love our browsers, but which one do you prefer to use?

Frankly, I like to use Waterfox. It's a 64-bit alternative to Firefox for Windows. For some reason, Firefox is readily available in 64-bit versions on Mac and Linux, but not Windows. :confused: Get on that, Mozilla!

So... You guys?

2. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I use Safari web browser because I have a MacBook, which is the only web browser. I like it because it's easy to navigate, although it sometimes crashes. I started using Chrome web browser two days ago on my phone and tablet, which I really liked it by the way. Chrome is simple and is very user-friendly, which is going to become one of my favorite web browsers.

3. TheViper

TheViper Member

The only web browser I use is FireFox. This is the only stable browser I have come across. Chrome and all the others failed me numerous times. While, FireFox consistently performs well.

4. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

Did you say Waterfox? I haven't heard of it before until now. I should have to check it out sometime. You make me wonder what does the OS look like.

5. rastergrafx

rastergrafx Member

It's not an OS, it's a browser. It's also only available on Windows.

Firefox is available for everything, though.

6. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

Oh, it is a broswer. I thought it is an OS because Firefox OS will be releasing an operating system on some mobile devices

7. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 New Member

I've never heard of Waterfox, is this an official browser from the folks that created Firefox?

I stick with Chrome these days, though I'm not 100% partial to it. I would rather not be giving up so much data to Google like that. It's just that it is so much better with memory management than Firefox or Opera.

8. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

Yes, I really like Chrome since I have only used it for two weeks. I can't find any other web browser that's so easy to navigate and is so user-friendly.

9. rastergrafx

rastergrafx Member

No, it's a spinoff browser. There are plenty of others you can check out as well.

10. Josie

Josie Member

Waterfox, i'll have to look into that. I would love to get rid of Chrome (and everything else by it's creators) altogether. Thanks!

11. rastergrafx

rastergrafx Member

So, I just gave another Firefox spinoff browser, Pale Moon, a try. I think I'm already liking it better than Waterfox. It has both 32- and 64-bit versions (Waterfox is 64-bit only) and it's more customizable.

12. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

Wow, I have heard of Pale Moon before, which sounds like a great web browser. I haven't really used Firefox, but I have heard a lot of people who use it and really like it.

13. rastergrafx

rastergrafx Member

This browser is growing in popularity because Mozilla made a few controversial changes with their most recent versions of Firefox. Pale Moon keeps the classic FF settings.

14. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

I have both chrome and Firefox installed. but I mostly use firefox. I sometimes use Chrome for special things, like for example accesing to services I can have access to when I'm using firefox. One of those services is booking doctor appointments online. For some reason Firefox won't let me use the JAVA based software that is used for this, so Chrome is the solution for that :)

15. escottdavilla

escottdavilla New Member

My preferred web browser of choice would have to be a tie between Firefox and Chrome. Both browsers are solid and stable in my opinion. I think that Chrome beats Firefox on speed as well as having the smaller system footprint. I just don’t sign into google services when I use the browser. I already give them enough information as it is.