Tabletop Chess Variants

I'm really interested in this variant that I heard for chess: Alice Chess, which is basically played on two boards. Every move that each piece makes, gets that piece teleported to the corresponding square they were going to go to--but on the other board.

I guess that other particulars should be ultimately agreed upon between players, but I'm just wondering from other people who have played this variant:

Does the Wonderland board start out completely blank? Or does one side get set up on one board, and the other side on the other board?

Also, how do you castle? Can the castle or the king capture a piece that they land on in the opposite board, or would that count as an extra move?

I'm also curious about Behemoth chess, where an extra piece is added that moves like a king, but is indestructible (cannot be captured) and is on nobody's side. A roll of a six-sided dice determines in which direction it moves, and though I can see how that works what with there being only six possible moves, I wonder if there's some standard and how to keep track of that. Is it one on a dice starting from a corresponding corner?

Wow, that game sure sounds interesting! In fact, I'm not sure if it can even be called 'chess' anymore with all the changes they've made. :p

As for me, I like the traditional form of chess better but I dislike the boring old graphics ahaha. So i'd often find myself playing chess games with much prettier animation but traditional rules such as Battle vs. Chess.

battle-vs-chess.jpg

It still is chess, though. Behemoth might add an element of chance that defeats the strategic purpose of the game, but Wonderland is just a variant. Also, the Behemoth can be considered a "fairy" piece, which is still a thing in chess. Maybe not in chess tournaments, but still counts to play it. ;)

That looks interesting!

There should be a fantasy adventure RPG that's set out like a chess game, with particular powers given to bishops/clerics, and castles that can move, and each strategic move will be accompanied by a Game of Thrones like storyline cutscene.

The original Alice in Wonderland sequel did that in novel format, but I've never seen it taken quite so far even within the Looking-Glass/Wonderland setting.