Coolest characters in Japanese Anime

Kenshin Himura (also known as Battousai) is a legendary assassin turned peaceful wandering samurai. He changed his weapon to a reverse edged blade making it nearly non-lethal so that he could not kill ever again. Kenshin uses the Hiten Mitsurugi style of wielding his blade. He has super human speed and reflexes that very few of his opponents can face.
giphy.gif

There are a lot of cool anime characters in Japanese anime and I think that Kenshin is the coolest.

Who's your pick?

Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. She didn't spring from the womb with all the poise and cynicism of a "cool" character. The contrast with her mousy, awkward history backstory are part of what makes her so awesome to me. Cool, like evil, is not born... it's made. (Of course, I'm sure that there are quite a few aloof and awesomely cool anime characters who were just born that way. But the contrast in Homura's case is what makes it for me.)

Homura.gif

I am a big fan of the Fullmetal Alchemist anime. Alphonse Elric, to me, is the coolest anime character. Since his entire body was taken from him, so his soul is in a suit of armor. The way he looks and both his physical and mental abilities, are what make him so cool. Alphonse is a very skilled alchemist. He also knows martial arts, so he can defend himself whenever he needs to. I also like that he is such a soft and warmhearted individual, even though he is in such a cold, metal shell.