Music Do You Play Any Instruments?

When I was in middle school I use to play the violin. Then in high school I started to play the drums. I think I enjoy the drums a lot more than the violin. In fact, I still get together with friends and play a few songs.

I think I mentioned that I played the violins already, but I have recently began to get interested in the drums. I can't actually play them or anything, because my ability to milti-task when it is being asked of my in such a demanding manner is not that great. I don't know how on earth other drummers are able to have their foot going, and both of their hands doing completely different tasks.

I play the keyboards and the guitar. But I actually would like to learn the violin. I feel like it's going to be refreshing and I have always admired violinists. Hopefully one day, I will find a time to get some lessons.

I play the guitar as well, among many other instruments. And I must say, the guitar is by far and always will be my favorite! It is my favorite go-to activity when I am feeling stressed. Not only that, but it is a wonderful pass-time for me. Whenever I play the guitar, hours tend to pass by very quickly without me even realizing it! I wish to one day play the violin, as well, diprod. As I find the sounds of the violin to be just as soothing and heavenly. Such a lovely instrument it is. I hope that one day I will be able to find the time to obtain one and teach myself, or take lessons, as well.

I play the ukulele! It is a cute little instrument shaped like a guitar but it only has 4 strings! It's really easy to learn to play as well. hahaha

Chord_CU21_UKULELE.jpg

The thing I like most about ukuleles are how easy it is to carry around and the fact that you can play all the songs that are normally played on the guitar with it too. It was definitely a good investment on my part and the hipster factor is really cool. ;)

I play the ukulele! It is a cute little instrument shaped like a guitar but it only has 4 strings! It's really easy to learn to play as well. hahaha

Chord_CU21_UKULELE.jpg

The thing I like most about ukuleles are how easy it is to carry around and the fact that you can play all the songs that are normally played on the guitar with it too. It was definitely a good investment on my part and the hipster factor is really cool. ;)

Ah, how could I forget about these! I love to play the ukulele as well! Along with my soprano sounding voice, these were perfect for me! Haha. At the same time, I love that they come in tenor forms, as well. The sound that emits from them is so cheery, it really is a mood lifter. :)

I used to play mandolin when I was younger. Not many bands ever used mandolins, so every time I told some one what I played, I was always met with blank stares. :rolleyes: But, some bands recently have used mandolins in their songs and music videos, so more people know what it is. There are famous songs that you've probably all heard that have mandolins in them. For instance, "The Battle of Evermore" by Led Zeppelin has mandolins in it. Florence + The Machine and Mumford & Sons have used mandolins in their songs before also. I have touched my mandolin in years though, and I never got past the beginners stage. :cool: Maybe I'll picking it up again...

A lot of my friends play ukelele and guitar though.

Heh, so many stringed instruments here. Am I the only one around who was into percussion instruments as a kid?

I originally started learning to play the drums as a stress relief method, but I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I anticipated. There's something almost meditative about getting into a rhythm and then adding tweaks and modifying it slightly as you go while remaining in time. I haven't played my set in quite a few years now, unfortunately. While I was in university, I had to leave it behind, and these days I prefer gaming to playing music in my free time.

I gotta say though, nothing is more relaxing when extremely stressed than bashing things as hard as you can with wooden sticks.

Clarinet, Sax(Alto/tenor), Trumpet, Mellophone and French Horn.

My main is the French Horn, so much more difficult than the rest since there are so many partials. It's like singing with no accompaniment, you have to memorize how the notes sound like in order to produce the correct note. Also, the instrument is 30ft long when extended, a lot of air pressure is needed. And it also has the smallest mouth piece of all the brass instrument which means a lot of pain to the lips, so even if you want to practice a lot to get better, you're highly limited in time to the strength of your lips...

Yes, I do! I'm a huge music fan and that's why I learned how to play a couple of instruments. I play the guitar (acoustic and bass), a little bit of the piano/keyboard, and some basic on the drums as well. I've tried playing the cello but it's a bit difficult. But if I was given the chance, I would love to learn how to play that as well.