Books Do you use the library?

I'm lucky enough to live in an area with a great public library. This saves me a fortune on books (I prefer physical copies over ebooks) and prevents my house from becoming cluttered. Our library will also order new books in for you too. They also loanDVDs and CDs and offer free wifi. Do you have a good library in your area?

Occasionally I do. It is a quiet, relaxed place to go when I need some time out of my house. That is, until kids are done with the school day and come teeming in. I prefer owning a hard copy versus checking the book out. I always have it on hand, then. Also, I like to write my thoughts down on the pages while I am reading or cross reference and record page numbers. I can not do that with a library book. Checking out from the library is useful, though, when I know it is something I need for the moment; or it helps me decide whether I should buy a book in the first place. Borrowing movies are also a plus there. My library is fairly nice for the area. It is somewhat new so everything is clean and up to date.

I love libraries! All of 'em. I love borrowing more books that I can read and hoarding them for a while. I love walking in the lanes and picking whatever looks interesting out. I go to different libraries in the town, too, for the different feels. Just sitting down and read there. Just... enjoying the quiet and the possibility of having any reading I like within reach. Saves tons of money! I usually only buy books second hand or when I needed them for school and had to write inside of them, too.

I remember going to our school library when I was younger, eager to read all sorts of books. Now I only go to the library to surf the internet. Of course if there's something I need in there for research or anything then I'll do that first, but most of the time I really have nothing to do there but just browse.

I find myself going to the library less and less these days. I love that reverential atmosphere of a library though. Because I love to read, and with the technology we have today, I generally use e-readers for my reading purposes. When I'm off doing laundry it sure beats 3 year old women's magazines! lol

I do, but not to check out books. I use the library at my school to study because I tend to be able to get a lot more work when I am there compared to when I'm in my dorm room. Especially on the quiet floors I'm just able to focus on my work instead of distractions like my roommates and the TV and other things on the internet.

I love libraries! I 'rediscover' them every now and then and end up saving lots of money on not buying books. :D Unfortunately, my city only has one library and it's a bit of a trek away. Plus I have kind of run out of time to regularly read books - the current book I'm reading I've been reading for over 2 months. So... I would probably have to pay a lot of overdue fines :(

Libraries are great though, and I'm always glad to be reminded that they exist and should be used!

Let's go on sharing God's given talents!
I usually go to the library when I was in college. I like the feel of having people around me reading. I could study or read worthwhile writings in the comfort of my room but the thing is with my room is that I feel sleepy. But the feel of being in a library is different. I feel like I am one with a community of thinkers.

I use a library even though I can search all kinds of information on the internet from home. I like the environment of the library, I like the silence and the smell of books. There was a time when I used to visit library once a week, however, these days, I don't have that kind of liberty to visit every week.

When I was in college I used the library exhaustively especially during my penultimate and final year. I could get virtually all the books I needed for my projects and all school work there, the internet wasn't that common yet. These days I don't visit the library often. Most of my work are done online.