Tech Do you use your computer to watch TV?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheViper, Dec 9, 2013.

1. TheViper

TheViper Member

Cord cutting is a popular trend these days. People are saving money by watching TV on their computer via home-streaming and straying away from cable companies. I am a fan. Most networks have a section in which you can view full episodes of a show they produce at no cost.

How much TV do you watch from your computer?

2. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

No, I don't watch TV on my computer because I don't have the time to do so. I do watch some short videos on YouTube, which is about technology and the reviews of gadgets. I used to watch Netflix a few years back, then ever since I went back to school, I didn't have much time to watch TV.

3. MercyL

MercyL New Member

I hadn't watched much television on my computer, but might start doing so since I found a website that shows British television shows!
    Before this month, though, the only time I watched anything from television on my desk top was if I missed an episode of a Masterpiece Classic series. Then, I'd watch the show while making notes for articles.

4. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou New Member

I never watch television shows when they air. I watch them on services like Hulu Plus and Netflix and other similar things. My roommate and I decided not to pay for a cable package in order to save money, so we couldn't watch TV if we wanted.

5. rastergrafx

rastergrafx Member

6. escottdavilla

escottdavilla New Member

I am definitely a cord cutter. I feel that cable companies charge too much for their content. It is way cheaper to pay for Hulu plus, netflicks, and amazon instant video than it is to pay for a monthly cable subscription. I have a big screen TV connected to my computer, and I have ripped all of my DVD and blue ray movies to my computer. I also have a media server set up on my home network. I am able to access this content from anywhere I have an internet connection.

7. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

All my TV is watched on a computer. I use apps like popcorn time but youtube has really replaced my Cable. Love youtube, you can customized your viewing. I haven't had cable TV for over 5 years. I first started out with Netflix now I don't need them anymore.

8. teamshepherd

teamshepherd New Member

Daily. About 99.9% of the stuff I watch is through my pc, it is connected to our tv.

9. Jinay

Jinay New Member

Watching things online definitely saves money (and time too)

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

10. xTinx

xTinx New Member

I use my computer as a television but I do not watch TV in my computer. Let's just say, instead of watching specific channels and putting up with repetitive commercials, I prefer to stream my heart out and finish a series or movie in one sitting using my laptop or computer. It saves me time and makes things a lot faster for me.

11. vinaya

vinaya Member

I have never used my computer to watch TV. I use a laptop these days, however, even when I was using a desktop computer, I did not watch TV on it. However, I have experience of watching TV on computer and my experience was not pleasant as changing channels was very slow.

12. Holmes22

Holmes22 New Member

I used to but that was also when my laptop was a huge screen and my TV was pretty small. Now, things are reversed, and I do not really find myself using the computer for entertainment as much these days.

13. tonyb

tonyb New Member

I sometimes use my computer to watch TV. I do this mostly when there is a live streaming of a program I like follow while I am partially busy doing other work on my system. I could just be listening to the sound. This way it's more convenient for me compared to having to watch the TV and at same time work on my system.

14. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

We have a fairly new tv which is a 40-inch Samsung that is better to watch than the computer. Besides, we have a subscription of cable channels so might as well avail of it. Watching tv in the computer is not economical unless you do not have a tv and you do not have cable channel connections.

15. tonyb

tonyb New Member

In the meantime I am alone and haven't bothered to go for a cable connection, most of my free time I spend on my computer. If I get a cable I'm not sure I'll have the time to watch the TV. Already I worry I'm not putting enough time online.

Alexandoy likes this.