Favorite genre?

What is your favorite genre when it comes to video games? Whether it's open-world, linear action games, FPS games, MMORPG's, and so on, which do you play frequently, and which would you rather play if you had to choose?

I've been playing a lot of genres the past year. I started with MMORPG's, moved on to open-world, and then to action games. Out of all the genres I've played which was mentioned above, I have to say open-world would be the winner for me. Minecraft is considered an open-world sandbox game, an the amount of things you can do in the game are incredible. Meet new people on multiplayer servers, and just talk and make new friends. Other open-world games can include action games such as the GTA series or Saints Row: The Third.

Which genres do you prefer?

I prefer Strategy, Mobas, and MMOS. I play Starcraft, League of Legends, and World of Warcraft. I dont know what it is about Starcraft and League of Legends but they are so fast paced and i just love the action. World of Warcraft allows me to stay connected with my college buddies and gives me that feeling of progressing, it makes me feel like im actually doing something with my time and not just wasting it :p.

When I was in high school, I loved playing RPG games. Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy, Vagrant Story, and other RPG games took most of my time. When I was in college, I was more into action-adventure games like Metal Gear, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, etc. Now that I'm working, I primarily play sports games (NBA 2K13), fighting games (Tekken Tag Tournament 2) and mobile games.