Books Fifty Shades of Grey

Did anyone ever read this trilogy of books here? If so what were your thoughts on it and was it as good as they hyped it up to be?

I personally did not bother with this because it never really appealed to me reading wise however I had a lot of friends who couldn't wait to get these books and be finished with one to start another or who got to the point where they could not put the book down because they were so hooked.

Have you considered getting these books at all if you have not already done so?

Shaken Not Stirred!!
I may be the only male that has read all 3 :oops:
In my opinion the books are very poorly written and the story isn't that great, but then they were written to appeal to females. I think the huge marketing drive behind the first book is what sold them, very clever PR from the publishing house. E L James has done very well for herself though considering she was rejected by the publishing houses numerous times.

I have never really considered the books reading material, to me they seemed directed at women as opposed to me really.

Administrator
Staff member
I may be the only male that has read all 3 :oops:
In my opinion the books are very poorly written and the story isn't that great, but then they were written to appeal to females. I think the huge marketing drive behind the first book is what sold them, very clever PR from the publishing house. E L James has done very well for herself though considering she was rejected by the publishing houses numerous times.

It never really appealed to me. Nor did Twilight. Enjoyed The Hunger Games, though.

I'm not a big fan of erotic novels. So I will pass reading this one. No offense but I've found this image regarding this book and I find it quite funny :)

1-d1b8db644f.jpg

I personally did not bother with this because it never really appealed to me reading wise however I had a lot of friends who couldn't wait to get these books and be finished with one to start another or who got to the point where they could not put the book down because they were so hooked.

I haven't read and don't consider reading it either because it doesn't appeal to me. Also i've heard it's badly written as well which puts me off a lot!

Lol at the last message as well!

I have not read all three. I wasn't even aware that there were three, to be honest with you. to be frank, I was not overly impressed with 50 shades Of grey. After all of the press and attention that it received, I thought that I was going to be able to crack open the book and be in awe of the writing and the story telling. Little did I know that that was the last thing that the author had in mind.

I also write as well as read, and what I love the most about writing is finding new and invigorating, vivid, ways to describe things. I found the writing in 50 shades of Grey to be bland and poorly written. I hate stories that I find online that are poorly written and full of smut/sex. There is just no point. To me, that is like sleeping with someone I don't know. There would just be no point, because the depth would be severely lacking.