Books Goosebumps Series

When I was a little girl I had a penchant for horror. i wanted to be scared, and feel that fear, which I suppose is why I sought out the Goosebumps and shivers book series. My friend, Michael, was actually the first one that I ever saw with the books and I instantly was intrigued.

The first book that I ever read of the series was entitled: My Hairiest Adventure, and it was about this teenage boy who had applied some type of lotion to his skin and was turning into a werewolf. Not too scary huh? I thought the same thing, and so I began to seek out other Goosebumps books. Only a few of them did the trick when it came to creating that delicious fear in me, but by then I already had a collection of them.

I was delighted to see that R.L Stine, the author of Goosebumps book, had made a TV series called Goosebumps. They were even better than the books in my mind, because you could see all of the atrocities that R.L Stine had written about happening right before your very eyes.

Were you ever a fan of the Goosebumps books?

sos

Yes I was a fan of the goosebumps books. However, just like you I never found the fear that they were associated with them. However, they were a good read and I enjoyed reading them.

My sister had just about every goosebumps books, I was't that interested in them at that time, I was too old. However, after having children I read goosebumps and they are awesome books. The series is on Netflix.

I had near enough every book at one point, but I think I was in grade 2 or something and my best friend at the time also loved Goosebumps. My books went missing and I just couldn't find them. come to find out that my best friend, Michael, had them hidden in his own personal draw, and when he confessed and I got them back, they were in terrible condition.

I used to read every single book in the Goosebumps series when I was little. I was also required to read a few Goosebumps books in English and Reading classes during my middle school years. Now, I miss the series. I would want to read all the books in the Goosebumps series when I have a chance. I can't get enough of Goosebumps in my life! :)

I used to read every single book in the Goosebumps series when I was little. I was also required to read a few Goosebumps books in English and Reading classes during my middle school years. Now, I miss the series. I would want to read all the books in the Goosebumps series when I have a chance. I can't get enough of Goosebumps in my life! :)

Did you actually find the Goosebumps books scary though? I remember wanting it to be scary, but it never was, but I would pretend like there was a scary part coming at some point anyway and put the lamp on at night and kind of cower under the covers. Nothing in the books scared me though. Nothing in the actual TV series of the books scared me either. Now, those Shivers books are a different story. They were scary in places, but I appreciated them much more than the Goosebumps books because of that.

I remember growing up we would always swop goosebumps books amongst each other in class and read them when the teacher was not looking.

They were so popular that we would be given really short time slots to read them and since there was always someone waiting to get their hands on them, you would make sure you read it at any interval you get. Sometimes this didn't work and the teacher spotted you reading instead of working on your sums and confiscated the book :(

I remember this series. It gave me something to talk about with my friends, because they were everywhere, but I preferred the incisiveness of Fear Street. None of them really scared me, though. They were more just something to coast along with until our reading levels got more advanced.

I think I was really disappointed by one that went, "Don't Ever Get Sick At Granny's which turned out to be the dream of a family pet. They usually wrapped the plots up somewhat more neatly than that, but I suppose if the writer (or ghostwriters) were on a deadline and had to be prolific, then some quality assurance slip-ups would be inevitable. (Except not, because wouldn't they have editors?)