General Discussion Having to Use The Phone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreek Lass, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Dreek Lass

Dreek Lass Member

When I was younger, I used to find the phone to be a fun thing. But as I began to grow up, I began to avoid using the phone. I now have a stutter,and that makes it even more difficult for me to use the phone. I hate making calls and receiving them equally lol.

I got in touch with some old friends, and gave them my number. They now want to phone me all of the time and chat for hours on end, but I really do not want to.

Does anyone else hate using the phone?

2. caparica007

caparica007 Member

I'm not a phone talker, I never liked it. I never bought a cell phone, all my phones were given me by girlfriends that wanted to talk to me. :D It's not that I hate it, I talk when I have to, but my calls usually last 2 or 3 minutes only.

3. Kelly Hartman

Kelly Hartman Contributor

I never answer my phone, lol. But it's not because I'm a weirdo. When I'm in America, I answer it without any hesitation. But here in Japan, since I haven't given it out to more than three or four people it just saves me a hassle of trying to say "you have the wrong number" in Japanese (which because of their politeness goes way beyond one sentence). The accent doesn't make it any easier. :D

4. Dreek Lass

Dreek Lass Member

Out of all of the people that I have spoken to about this, you are the only one that has answered this question in that manner, but it sounds like you have a phone for business,and when you have a phone for business, you kind of have to have no problem with answering call and making them.

5. shameful

shameful New Member

I am complety the opposite from the first time l saw my first house phone l was amazed at this machine that could make calls, the only downside is that you have to pay for the calls!

6. Kelly Hartman

Kelly Hartman Contributor

No, it's not a phone for business. I'm an assistant English teacher in a Japanese junior high school. No one's going to be calling me looking for work. Besides, I still have my US number through google voice; and I answer that number right away.

Dreek Lass likes this.
  7. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

I know the feeling. I suffer from many things, and one of those things is social phobia with no doubt! I hate recieving calls, let alone making them. I was supposed to make a call some months ago but I never did it. I might done t before mytrip, but gosh how I hate talking on the phone! It feels so awkward, and I have no idea who should hang up first, everything I know is one of us must hang up sooner or later, and I really pray the other person does it first!

8. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

Funny thing is that I don't normally answer my phone unless it is from my family. My parents are the kind of people think only calling when it is emergency or needed. I think the problem is that phone is use more than just calling people or receive calls nowadays. I hardly talk on the phone because I don't want to spend hours and hours talking on the phone. However, I do use my phone a lot such as surf internet, planning, chatting with my wife, business, and research. Talk, not so much, and I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Dreek Lass likes this.