Tech How to tell someone to lose the blackberry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by twistedyees8787, Aug 10, 2013.

1. twistedyees8787

My wife uses the blackberry and she won't get rid of it, even though I have told her a million times the Iphone is much better.

Any suggestions for her to get rid of the dinosour?

2. Ralph Wiggum

Ralph Wiggum New Member

Why does she need to change? If it fits her needs then until the thing dies I'd say let her keep it. Mind you I also have a seven year old flip phone so I'm slightly biased. :D

3. RibbityRabbit

RibbityRabbit New Member

If she likes it and it works for her, then there is no point in her upgrading and you nagging her will just annoy her. Personally I wouldn't go with the iPhone anyway; I like Android.

4. BigDreamer

BigDreamer New Member

If she likes it leave it alone. It's her phone and as long as it works for her then it's a good phone. The Iphone is not all that great anyway.

5. lindbergh

lindbergh Member

What Blackberry phone is she using? If she's comfortable with it, then maybe it's better to leave her be. But, you can let her borrow your phone once in a while (if you're using an iPhone) so that she could get a feel of what the iPhone offers. You could also show her the different reviews of the iPhone over the internet and show her the different apps and games available.

6. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Member

I would borrow her blackberry and go to work with it. Then, in the evening, you tell her it is broken because an airplane crashed on it while you were away.

Of course that's not true. Airplanes are scared of blackberrys.

7. rastergrafx

rastergrafx Member

8. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I don't think you can force someone to get rid of the phone unless it no longer works. One thing I have to ask you though. Does she like the BlackBerry brand or does she simply like the phone she's having now? I have a friend who would stick with the same brand no matter how good other brands are. The mobile phone brand is the reason people would go for it.

9. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

One main feature that people like on the blackberry is the BBM. Pretty cool to send messages across the world to anyone you know who has a blackberry, but I'm sure they have something similar for the iPhone and Android. Blackberrys have fallen off for the common person, but you still have business people using them. I don't like Blackberry personally, but sone people still have a use for it.

10. jurew2

jurew2 New Member

I don't see why she should have to change her phone, just because the phone isn't currently in fashion and older than one year. If she likes the phone, then there is really no reason to change it. Forcing her to change the phone is just horrible.

11. teamshepherd

teamshepherd New Member

Don't be a snob and let her use what she likes to use. She is not hurting anyone, whereas you might be.

12. Mika

Mika New Member

I'd suggest not telling her and make her more defensive about her phone. Or maybe offer her an Android instead of an iPhone. ;D I much prefer Android over iPhones.

Honestly though, why does she need to upgrade if she likes her phone? Just wait 'til it breaks and then she'll buy a new one. It's her loss if she has a phone worse than what she could have. Then again, a new phone costs money so maybe it's to her benefit to stick with the phone while it's still working.