Video Games Is Dead Island a good game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wowtgp, Aug 16, 2013.

1. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I love zombie games. As much as people hate anything with zombie in it, I have to say that I love squashing zombies. I have been thinking about buying a video game called Dead Island and was wondering if it is any good. Has anyone played this game? How good is it? What's the thing you loved or hated about it?

2. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

It's an ok game :) I loved how there were zombies every where I went, lol... it was so hard to ran away from them when I needed to. This game is awesome, if you're into zombie games, then you will surely like it :) Some parts of the game really reminded me of the old smash 'n' slash video games :p It's a very intense game :D

3. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I am playing it right now. It's just awesome. I like the fact that there is no gunplay yet :)
    I wold rather smash 'em with the shovel and stomp them with my foot than shooting 'em. Is there any gunplay later on?

4. BananaWolf

BananaWolf New Member

There is gunplay later in the game, but using guns isn't satisfying at all. They are underpowered and ammo is scarce. Plus, I prefer using a sweet modded melee weapon over a cheap pistol. I think you find guns in the city, but I only usually carry two at a time. It's a decent game for what it's worth. I would definitely play it with a friend though. It makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Also, to make it a bit more fun I switched my control stick layout to analog. It takes a bit of getting used to, but you can do directional smashes that are a lot more satisfying.

5. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Yeah, exactly what I wanted to hear. I am so tired of shooting zombies repeatedly. Just want some smashing now.