Books J.K Rowling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bond007, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Bond007

Bond007
    Expand Collapse
    Shaken Not Stirred!!

After her amazing success with the Harry Potter books, JK Rowling had her first adult novel published at the end of 2012, I have never read it and cant even remember the name of it, would be interested to know if anyone else read it on here and what did you think.
    I loved the Harry Potter books by the way!!!

2. MrSackfist

MrSackfist
    Expand Collapse

She did well with Harry Potter books, I believe they will be tied with her now forever.

3. MissPotato

MissPotato
    Expand Collapse

It's nice that she tries to keep her portfolio as diverse as possible. I'm the hugest HP fan I know. I've gotten a copy of The Casual Vacancy but am yet to read it.

4. SueA555

SueA555
    Expand Collapse

I'm interested in her latest book -- the one that she published under another name. I tried Harry Potter and since I don't like fantasy, I couldn't get into it. But her new book is a mystery, and I love mysteries. I have the book on hold at the library, and I hope to get to read a copy soon.

5. sos

sos
    Expand Collapse

I love the Harry Potter franchise. In the books, J.K Rowling was able to hold me spellbound with how she was able to cleverly change characters. I would definitely read any other titles that she writes. However, I have not heard of any of the new books. If you have the name of the books could you please share.

6. zlemune

zlemune
    Expand Collapse

I really liked The Casual Vacancy, it delved nicely into the class stuff that she poked at but didn't really explore in the Potter books. And it was humorous in a way those books weren't quite, more adult, which I guess is a bit of an obvious thing to say.

I haven't read the Galbraith book yet, though.

7. sos

sos
    Expand Collapse

Yes she has a great way of bringing out her message. However, I have not yet read her new book.The Casual Vacancy

8. SueA555

SueA555
    Expand Collapse

I downloaded her latest book to my Kindle and read it there. It was a very good mystery. Something about a Cuckoo. The characters were engaging and the plotting was good. I hope that she turns this into a series.