Video Games Making Games on the Bases of Movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Red Lion, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Red Lion

Red Lion
    Expand Collapse

Guys I fell that now a days most of the games have an stupid story line either of comic or movie,And god knows what makes this Idiots to make such pirated story games..
    neither interesting nor orginal:mad:

2. Mjolnir

Mjolnir
    Expand Collapse

I've tried LOTR: War in the North for PS3 and it's pretty cool. But you are right, good games based on movies are really rare. They just use weak games to make more money based on the movie's popularity.

3. megaman9

megaman9
    Expand Collapse

I havent played LOTR yet,May be because it didnt turn out to be an hotseller in market, But would definately give a try on it soon.:confused:
    Yeah now a days the movies are released along with its basic story game, either action or racing..
    All Money business:D

Mjolnir likes this.
  4. Red Lion

Red Lion
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, And in that process this dumbass game maker are destroying the whole reputations made by the genuine game makers.

5. EileenCruz

EileenCruz
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Licensed games have a reputation for being pretty terrible. Occasionally some good ones sneak through. I actually really liked the Thor game for the Wii from a few years back.

6. megaman9

megaman9
    Expand Collapse

When ever an Game based on movie gets good response, Other game makers try to have an same theme,which inturn results in an trend set in gaming industry..

7. Red Lion

Red Lion
    Expand Collapse

Its time they realise that the audience are not idiot and try to find their own one:mad:

8. Cutler4Life

Cutler4Life
    Expand Collapse

It think it is much easier to go the other way. Making a movie on the basis of a game. But then, can the game continue, can they keep making new storylines?

9. Haider

Haider
    Expand Collapse

Games On The Basis Of Movies Are Too Much Popullar

10. EileenCruz

EileenCruz
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

aboleth_lich likes this.
  11. SleeplessMoon

SleeplessMoon
    Expand Collapse

I suppose that regardless, it's pretty neat to watch an awesome movie and then play a game on it, for other reasons, at least. I think this because I find it fascinating and awesome to be able to walk through the scenes and scenarios of these movies. In a way, yes, it could be very boring indeed, because you'll already know what's going to happen. But there is much more to video gaming than that. For example, the little things such as graphics and detailing.

12. lindbergh

lindbergh
    Expand Collapse

Could you please cite what games you think have bad story lines? Because I can mention to you a lot of great games with great stories. Let me give you a short list:
    -The Last of Us
    -Uncharted series
    -God of War series
    -Ni No Kuni
    -Tomb Raider

But if you're mainly talking about games that are based on movies, well most of them suck.

13. Leeroy_MY

Leeroy_MY
    Expand Collapse

Have you ever tried playing Batman: Arkham Asylum? Holy ****. Awesome.
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was really good too.
    And Kingdom Hearts contains a lot of Disney characters. :D
    Hahahaha those are examples of really good movie based games, imo.

14. aboleth_lich

aboleth_lich
    Expand Collapse

For me at least, reading this Total Film list was an interesting blend of "Ugh! I remember that terrible game from my youth!" and "Wait? They made a video game based upon that? Why would anyone suspect that such a game based upon that would be anything but terrible?!" in roughly equal parts.

There are, of course, plenty of other terrible games based upon movies that weren't included here. A few choice "gems" that immediately come to mind include The Terminator for the NES and Batman Forever for the SNES!

Also, I must cry fowl on including the Austin Powers pinball game as an entry--not because I don't think that it isn't a terrible game, but because I would say that a pinball game technically isn't a video game! There are indeed similarities between the two and moreover pinball games have a strong, deserved historical place within arcades--but, regardless, they are still not technically video games.

15. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith
    Expand Collapse

The only game based on a movie that turn out to be awesome was James bondage goldeneye 007 for the N64, that game was truly golden.

Movie games these days seem to be half done and not very fun to play. It's kind of a waste to buy them where there are lots of other better games to get, but I guess they are decent for the kids.