Music Music fans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shortie861, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Shortie861

Shortie861
    Expand Collapse

Are you a fan of music? I personally myself can not live without listening to music on a daily basis. I love anything from Country music to pop and some rock music. My favourites have to be

Barry Manilow
    Nickelback
    Savage Garden
    Alan Jackson
    George Strait
    Rascal Flatts
    Carrie Underwood
    Luke Bryan
    Lady Antebellum
    Five

just to name a few.

What kind of music do you like to listen to and do you have any favourite singers or bands?

2. Bond007

Bond007
    Expand Collapse
    Shaken Not Stirred!!

Hey shortie861, some great musicians there.. Not sure about Five though, lol.. I am from the UK and Five were a pop band of 4 guys from the early naughties, are you referring to the same guys?
    Personally for me it has to be Bryan Adams or Bon Jovi, my guilty pleasure at the moment though has to be One Directiono_O

3. Shortie861

Shortie861
    Expand Collapse

Yes that was the band :) they were a group of 5 from around 1997 - 2002 and have just recently reunited with only 4 members this time. Still enjoy their music and was glad to see them back this past year :)

One Direction do make some catchy songs I do have to admit, so I can see why they would be your guilty pleasure in music :)

4. Bond007

Bond007
    Expand Collapse
    Shaken Not Stirred!!

That's right, of course they were 5 guys lol.. It can't be spelt out any clearer really can it?:oops:
    I didn't realise they had reunited, I think a lot of the bands reunited after seeing the success Take that had (another guilty pleasure of mine) LOL.

5. Cutler4Life

Cutler4Life
    Expand Collapse

Well I'm sure you get enough Nickelback jokes as it is so I won't make any for you.. I like anything from pop to electronic, anything uptempo!

6. Haider

Haider
    Expand Collapse

Nickelback jokes Was An Awesome Series

7. 2787cmt

2787cmt
    Expand Collapse

I am definitely a music fan. I love music. I do not really have a favorite band, but I like bands such as Nickelback, Linkin Park, Green Day, The All-American Rejects, The Fray, 3 Doors Down, Daughtry, and more.

8. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1
    Expand Collapse

My life revolves around music. I listen to a wide range of music genres when i'm bored and am always looking for new bands to listen to via either going out to gigs or on Soundcloud. My favourite bands are Kaiser Chiefs, Frankie & The Heartstrings, Madness, The Stranglers, Wire, Status Quo, Club Smith, Yeti Lane, The Cribs, Late Of The Pier, Zulu Winter, Cheatahs, Keane, Foo Fighters, RHCP... etc...

9. EileenCruz

EileenCruz
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

We're going to that show that Paramore and Metric are doing together. Psyched about that. I saw that Fiona Apple and KT Tunstall are doing separate shows in my area and I want to go to there.

10. tvjunkie

tvjunkie
    Expand Collapse

I love all types of music, but my favorites are jazz and gospel rock. I do a bit of singing myself because my dad is a musician as well as a sound engineer so I guess it's in my jeans.

11. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1
    Expand Collapse

I do like some Jazz, live/improvised is the best because it's more real. I also love ragtime.

12. twistedyees8787

twistedyees8787
    Expand Collapse

Beetles are by far the best and will always be the best band. Noone will ever come close to their greatness.

13. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1
    Expand Collapse

They are in the top and most greatest bands ever, also very influential. But I judge my favourite bands on live performances as well that i've experienced :)

14. EileenCruz

EileenCruz
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

TMBG. They have quite a large catalog of music. Fantastically clever songs.

15. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1
    Expand Collapse

I've never heard of them, but i'll look them up and give them a listen!

16. parksooah

parksooah
    Expand Collapse

I listen to all types of music, but my favorite band by far has to be Big Bang. They are a boy band centered in korea.

17. rzashida

rzashida
    Expand Collapse

I like:

Maroon 5
    Stevie Wonder
    Miguel
    Outkast
    Anita Baker
    Aerosmith

OMY did you mention Bryan Adams it has been a long time since I've heard from him

18. ozadin

ozadin
    Expand Collapse

I enjoy listening music! It's not a huge part of my life, and I can certainly live without music for a year, but I mainly listen to it because it entertains me, and brightens my mood. When it comes to music, there are tons of genres obviously, and I cannot find a genre I enjoy and listen to frequently. I always experiment with different Youtube playlists, and different music genres, but I can't stick to one; I always switch. One genre can hold my attention for a month, while another can only hold it for an hour.

Currently, I'm constructing my own playlist with a ton of different songs that I enjoy listening to together. They include classical music from the early 2000's to dubstep, and to pop. I also like listening to underdogs because some produce amazing songs that aren't noticed. Some of the artists I'm a fan of include Petula Clark, DJ Okawari, Maroon 5, Passion Pit, and some dubstep artists.

19. zambothegreat

zambothegreat
    Expand Collapse

Dang, no love for metal. I guess I'm the odd one out. I listen to many kinds of music, but rock and metal are my favorite genres. Clutch, Down, Sleep, Wino, and Black Sabbath are a few of my favorite bands from those genres. I also like listening to poppy, upbeat stuff like Little Dragon and Gorillaz. In the blues rock category, I really like The Black Keys, Dead Weather, and others. I also listen to stuff like Sade and Tom Waits. I'm all over the map.

20. MissPotato

MissPotato
    Expand Collapse

This is a tough thread to answer to, since I love music so much. Over the years, I've gotten into more and more variety of genres and artists. Although my favorites are alternative and rock. Currently, I added Imagine Dragons to the long list of bands that I listen to.