Books Paulo Coelho

Paulo Coelho is one of my favorite writers. I've noticed that many people like his work too...

- Why are his books different?
- Why do you like his work?
- Which book is his best?

What I like about his books is that they are simple but yet thought provoking. They keep you reading further (they are very interesting).
My favorite book is The Witch of Portobello. Very addictive mystic-philosophical book.

Shaken Not Stirred!!
The Alchemist and The Pilgrimage are my favourites by Paulo Coelho. I highly recommend reading them if you havent already. They really are great reads!!

I really enjoyed the Alchemist, it is one of those books that change your whole mindset. One of my friends suggest that I should read it, I am glad he did because I would have never thought of reading it prior. ;)

My favorite is The Alchemist. It gave me a totally different perspective on so many facets of life. I plan to read more of Coelho's books.

Coelho's books are indeed thought-provoking and inspiring. They give you a new pair of lens to use in looking at your life.

Coelho's books are indeed thought-provoking and inspiring. They give you a new pair of lens to use in looking at your life.

I agree with this completely.

His books seem to make me take a long hard look at my life and my beliefs. They seem to connect with something subconsciously. He seems to have an exquisite understanding of human nature and I always feel like he's talking to me personally; as if each book is a lesson written especially for me.

For me the novel "Brida" felt really cathartic I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders at the end.

Paulo Coelho has some wisdom in my opinion, he writes about subjects that appeal to our inner self so to speak and makes us wonder about something mystical, something beyond the reason. I read a couple of his books a few years ago, to be honest I don't recall the names, but I did enjoy them.

Let's go on sharing God's given talents!
The first book of Paolo Coelho that I read was the Alchemist and that was the first novel that I finished. What could I say? It was fantastic. It paved the way for me to love reading novels.
Why do I like Paolo Coelho? He writes in a unique way. It's as if he is writing a spiritual book clothed under the veil of stories.

Honestly, I thought that 'The Alchemist' was overrated, at some point it was even cheesy to me. It was like reading 'Chicken Soup For The Soul' which I cannot appreciate, hard as I try.
But I won't discount Paulo Coelho as a good writer. In fact, I still read some of his books even if my first experience wasn't very pleasant. My two favorites were: 'By The River Piedra, I Sat Down And Wept.' I loved how he explored love and spirituality. Another book that struck me was 'Veronika Decides To Die.' Suicide, madness and non-conformity was tacked delicately, in a non-patronizing manner.

Let's go on sharing God's given talents!
I also have read Paolo Coelho's "The Witch of Portobello". I haven't finished it though due to busy schedules but it's a wonderful book. Once again, Paolo Coelho's skill of incorporating mysticism in a novel was manifested. I'm looking forward to finishing the book. :)

Last edited: