Books Reading recommendations

In this thread you can recommend good books that you have read.
My recommendation:

- The Orange Girl by Jostein Gaarder
- The Last Kashmiri Rose by Barbara Cleverly
- Denial by Keith Ablow (excellent psychological novel, it's better to read this novel than to sit in front of your TV watching cheesy horror or sci-fi movies)
- Pope Joan (I've forgot the author`s name)
- Princess Sultana by Jean Sasson (great trilogy)

Shaken Not Stirred!!
Denial by Keith Ablow is a great book, Max by D M Mitchell is also a must read, probably the best book I've ever had the pleasure of reading!!!

The Leader who had no title by Robin Sharma.

Respected modern writer. The book tries to explain why are people "fighting" to get on the top, to have some title and some function in the society. What can one be without his title?

sos

I would recommend the empire trilogy that is written by
Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts. It is a phenomenal read if you are into the psychological stuff. All the books are just fantastic so go and try them.

I recommend How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny. It is the most recent in the Inspector Gamache mystery series, and it is fabulous. All of the books in this series are excellent. Reading them in order is probably best, but they will work as standalones. They take place in Quebec and the fictional small town of 3 Pines. The characters are interesting, and have grown over time.

Administrator
Staff member
I just finished reading Ender's Game and thoroughly enjoyed it. I highly recommend it.

The Hunger Games Trilogy is awesome! Once I started it I could not put it down! I would suggest anyone that is thinking of seeing the movies, to read the books first.

If you like science fiction:
- George Orwell - 1984
- Philip K. Dick - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? ( if you're familar with the movie Blade Runner, i'm pretty sure you will love this one! )

This ones were the last books I read, and I had to recommend them to someone!

I absolutely love Mark Haddon's books, but my favorite of his is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime (although A Spot of Bother is a great recommendation as well). For the kid in my head, I love JK Rowling's HP series as well as John Green's novels.