General Discussion Shopping online anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trellum, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

I'm just curious. I've been shopping online a lot lately, mostly because I'm a big fan of great prices and so far I've been able to take adventage of some really good deals online.

The only thing I don't like about it, is the fact you have to pay upfront, and then wait for your item to arrive after a while. Sometimes your item can take weeks to arrive!

So shopping online isn't for everyone, specially because sometimes you're not capable to track your order :( I've had some good experiences shopping online so far tho. But I've been shopping online from people in my same country. I'm ready to try Ebay, because I wasn't able to find the natural supplement I need on the web site I usually shop from.

What are your thoughts on online shopping? Have you ever tried Ebay? Did you have a good experience?

2. pftsusan

pftsusan New Member

I like Deal Dash. Sometimes your bidding until the wee hours of the morning to get the item at a ridicously low price, but the rewards are worth it.

3. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

That's really interesting, thanks for sharing ;) Kudos to the seller for respecting the price, I just read about a guy who won a bid, but the seller just closed the listing or something like that. So this guy couldn't get the PC he wanted for a super low price. The seller was a newbie, I'm sure this doesn't happen with sellers that have a reputation to protect.

4. caparica007

caparica007 Member

I buy online whenever I can because it is cheaper and I don't have the inconvenience to go to the shop. I've never tried e-bay, mostly I've bought on Amazon and similar sites like Groupon, no complains so far.

5. BigDreamer

BigDreamer New Member

I buy on E-bay. I have never had a problem with bad sellers.
    I shop on Amazon all the time! I love it. They have so many good deals.

6. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

I'd shop on Amazon as well, but sadly most of the sellers there don't ship to my country :( That really sucks because I think amazon has a very wide variety of products to offer! I felt attracted to this site at first, then Ebay because they ship worlwide and if you search carefully, you might actually find what you've been looking for!

7. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

Same here :) Clothes in my country are REALLY expensive, and that's why I like to shop online... I've had amazing experiences so far and I've been able to spot some really good deals! I tried Amazon, but I always felt disappointed when I was ready to check out and they said they didn't ship to my country!

8. caparica007

caparica007 Member

Amazon doesn't ship to your country? In what country are you?

9. MercyL

MercyL New Member

I shop, almost exclusively, online. I can take my time, compare prices between stores, and I don't have to listen to wailing children while trying to think.

I never shop Amazon, though. I started boycotting them back in 2009!

10. Kelly Hartman

Kelly Hartman Contributor

I buy online a lot. Usually because in America things I wanted were hard to find, and here I don't know where to look. You'd be surprised what stores have- the grocery store sells underwear, for instance.

11. caparica007

caparica007 Member

In America things are hard to find? Really? I would expect to find everything in America...

Why are you boycotting Amazon MercyL?

12. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

Right now I'm living in Mexico, so far I haven't had any kind of luck with amazon... at least not for the things I REALLY needed and wanted. I had to use Ebay instead, plus it seems Ebay is nicer because most sellers accept Paypal ;)

13. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

Oh lol, yeah, I live in a place where the grocery store sells underwear, cheap and expensive one, I prefer the one that comes in little packages ;)

14. Kelly Hartman

You can find a bunch of things in America... just not where I lived. A town of 50,000. There's a mall and most of the usual chain stores, but I'm into geeky stuff. Manga, building computers, collecting figures, none of which have a place in rural Pennsylvania.

Trellum likes this.
  15. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

I'm totally with you, Kelly... there are some things you just can't find about anywhere... no matter how hard you look! and that's when Ebay and Amazon come to the rescue ;) I actually love those two sites... something I ordered just arrived yesterday. Do you ever order things from chinese sellers? The items I ordered from them are the only ones I'm worried about...!

16. caparica007

caparica007 Member

Really strange thing Trellum, you can buy from other Amazons maybe that will sell to Mexico? I've bought in UK, French, US Amazon at least with no issues, never bought on ebay though, just equivalent Portuguese sites like OLX.

17. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

They have an Amazon for spanish speakers, but that amazon totally SUCKS because it doesn't have what I need to order :( There are some sellers who ship internationally, but Amazon fails to tell you which ones do that since the start... but Ebay does since the start ;) So far I'm loving Ebay.

18. caparica007

caparica007 Member

Pennsylvania... That's Dracula's home right? :p

19. Kelly Hartman

We do have a lot of bats....

Anyway, I've only ever ordered from a Hong Kong seller once, for a Final Fantasy figurine that I couldn't find around here. The box arrived intact, but you really take a gamble with overseas shipping. I have my mom send me stuff from the US every once in a while, and sometimes the boxes look like they were in a prize fight.

20. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

Ow Kelly! I just ordered something from China, I feel like I'm gambling too! I hope my packages make it here! I always spend little when I order from places like China, so if I get nothing I won't feel as bad!