Th Division is coming to PC finally!

Ubisoft has finally listened to their fans and has announced that this game is going to be released on the PC platform in response to more than 1,00,000 signs that the petition got. How excited are to play this game on your PC?

To be honest, I'm not all that surprised. Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly excited, but with the speed and size of the fan response Ubisoft would have been suicidal not to publish it on the PC.

There's a theory that they originally intended to port it to the PC from the beginning, but held back because they knew that fans would try to drive up support, which is equivalent to free publicity. Normally I'd be a little skeptical but considering the increasing prevalence of PC gaming, the possibility that they overlooked the computer as a console actually seems less likely than a marketing scheme.

To be honest, I'm not all that surprised. Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly excited, but with the speed and size of the fan response Ubisoft would have been suicidal not to publish it on the PC.

There's a theory that they originally intended to port it to the PC from the beginning, but held back because they knew that fans would try to drive up support, which is equivalent to free publicity. Normally I'd be a little skeptical but considering the increasing prevalence of PC gaming, the possibility that they overlooked the computer as a console actually seems less likely than a marketing scheme.

You pretty much nailed it. Ubisoft could have announced it it the beginning, but instead they chose to go down the free-publicity way and didn't announce the game for our beloved platform. Look how much buzz this game has made since then. Their ingenious plan worked :)