Books The Rory Gilmore reading challenge

Hey all,

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been made already!

Is anyone else participating in the Rory Gilmore reading challenge? The goal is to read all of the books that were mentioned on the TV show "Gilmore Girls".

Here is a link to the list: http://www.listchallenges.com/rory-gilmore-reading-challenge

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep track of what I've read? I do use goodreads.com but I really cannot be bothered to add all 339 books haha.

Wow, that is eclectic. I don't know if I could do it, because some of them are doorstoppers so that many books would take me far, far more than a year to finish up.

I wish you all the best of luck, though, and everyone who would participate!

If it were me, I'd just go the old fashioned way and list them on a wall-sized chalkboard or whiteboard then cross the titles out once I'm done. I think Facebook has a library feature? Is that still up? It looked like something that would help with organization.

That's crazy. I didn't realize how many books were mentioned on the show. I would like to do this, but it would seriously take me forever. I will probably try though and finish sometime in my lifetime. ;)

I had no idea that this was a real thing that people did, haha. That's a whole lot of books though! If I had more time and patience and motivation to read, then I would probably give it a try!

Sounds like it could be interesting. I guess I'll start at the beginning and work towards the end.
(Or however that goes. I was trying to quote the hobbit.)
1. Orson Welles - 1984, okay, let's do this.

How awesome! I have this tradition of starting a new book series when the clock strikes 12, every New Years. I get my favorite snacks and foods, its a whole ordeal. They just put The Gilmore Girls up on Netflix about 5 months ago or so and I haven't seen all of the episodes. My mom wasn't a fan of the show; so I very rarely watched. I can start at the beginning and sort of tick of the books as they go with the show. I'll go back over the list at the end and read whatever I've missed. This is probably going to take a while. I'm really way too excited.

Oh my gosh - I've wanted to do this book challenge for such a long time! I'd probably lose patience if I did it though - 339 books is a lot of reading. It'd be crazy fun, but it'd also be crazy.
I'd also suggest just going the old fashioned way - I have Goodreads too, but honestly I'd just print out the list, put it up somewhere, and cross titles off as I get through them.
Oh well. Maybe I'll add this as a last minute New Years Resolution?

Wow that's a whole bunch of books to read. I've always wanted to read some of the books on the list like 1984 since I've noticed that book seems to be mentioned a lot on 'top books to read..'. Anyways, since new years coming, I seriously want to read more books this year. I hope fanfictions won't distract me because thats what seems to be what I've been reading a lot lately. :(

I have only read 89 of the 339 books and most of those were back in Highschool! Some were much more enjoyable than others. I have tried to read Lord of the Rings but it is quite descriptive and not really the kind of reading I enjoy. I did enjoy the movie versions of many of the books as well. I have loved the movies of Harry Potter series so I think I will add those to my reading list this year.

Animal Farm and 1984 were both really thought-provoking. I still remember them all these years later. I did read most of the Shakespeare listed but noticed that one I have yet to read but would like to was not on her list (or did I miss it). So this year I hope to add "The Twelfth Night" to my required reading.

Thanks for sharing the link. I have always been curious about it since watching the show.

339 books is a bit much for a full year! There are a lot on the list that many people have read though, some real classics, so the list would probably be a little shorter to start with.