TV and Film The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shortie861, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 New Member

This TV series is not always everyone's cup of tea and I personally did not hear about it until around October 2011 when a friend I have in the US told me about it and suggested I give it a try because he thought I would really like it. He wasn't wrong. This one was another that took me around 1-2 episodes to get into but once I was into it, I was hooked.

You can notice a lot of problems with the TV series but over all it's a really good show and really does give you an insight into what it would be like during a zombie apocalypse.

I am now eagerly awaiting season 4 which I am guessing will probably premier in October 2013, looking forward to see how things progress with The Governor :)

Anyone else excited for Season 4?

2. Bond007

Bond007 Shaken Not Stirred!!

I have never been drawn to this series.. It just doesn't sound appealing to me for some reason.. What exactly is the plot shortie861?

3. Shortie861

Shortie861 New Member

Basically it starts out normal, two police officers are doing their job and one gets shot and ends up in a critical condition in hospital. He is in there for quite a while and when he finally comes round the hospital is deserted and he decides to make his way outside not really understanding what is going on. When he gets outside it's quiet and he comes across dead bodies and people walking around aimlessly (zombies)

He goes back to his own home to try and find his wife and kid but nobody is there so he decides to walk further out which is when he comes across another guy with his kid, they knock him out and bring him inside and try to figure out if he was bit by zombies turns out he is not so they help him get back on his feet and in return the police officer helps them with a shower, ammunition, guns and walkie talkies from the police station, they then part ways saying they will keep in touch with each other through walkie talkies each day. The police officer then goes off on his way and eventually gets trapped inside a tank that is surrounded by zombies until another guy Glenn comes and helps he out, turns out the guy that helps him out Glenn is also part of a group of survivors those of which include the police officers son, wife and best friend who he worked with.

It really is following a group of people who are trying their best to survive a zombie apocalypse and you never know who will die next or what will happen and now we are at the point of where it's fighting for survival against those who are not infected.

4. Bond007

Bond007 Shaken Not Stirred!!

Well, with your detailed plot description you've sold it to me haha.. It sounds amazing but when I've seen trailers it has always put me off but after that I'm definitely gonna watch it. Thanks you

5. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

It's good in spite of its flaws. I'm still not sure how I feel about them splitting the prison story line into two seasons. They had some really strong episodes last season.

6. Haider

Haider Member

I Have Never Ever Heard About This Series

7. MrSackfist

MrSackfist Member

I really want to start watching this, but every time I go to watch an episode, a friend of mine texts me full spoilers for the episode so I gave up watching it.

8. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

Aww. It's still enjoyable even if you know what's going to happen.

twistedyees8787 likes this.
  9. 2787cmt

2787cmt Member

I know a lot of people who watch The Walking Dead, but I am not really a fan of it. I have watched a few episodes and I thought they were okay. Personally, I do not feel like it is my cup of tea. :p

10. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Member

I'm a big fan of The Walking Dead. It's not that I like zombie movies/tv shows much but this TV show is much more than that. It portrays the behavior of people after an apocalypse - plot used many times, but in this show it fits well (actors give great performance, the story is realistic (at least when it comes to after-apocalypse period:) ) Can't wait for the new season this autumn.

11. tribie

tribie New Member

I can't wait for Season 4. I've read the comics but the TV series is so different from the comics already so I really don't know what to expect. In the comics it wasn't Andrea who dies but in the TV series, Andrea is dead. There are so many questions up in my head. How will they ever survive in that prison? They hardly have any food there. What will the governor do? He lost majority of his "army" already.

12. 3bie

3bie New Member

Having read the comic book before watching the series, I'm excited how the TV series will evolve into its own creature. There different limitations for TV so the series could be a lot more exciting to watch. I've come to appreciate the many intricacies of the characters and am very very curious how they will fare.

13. twistedyees8787

You need to give this show a chance. Obviously watch season 1 and you will be hooked. Season 3 does start getting a little weird, but the first 2 seasons are great.

I love the show and recommend to everyone, including my parents

14. twistedyees8787

15. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm pretty sure the Governor will find more crazy people to follow him. He's a charismatic psychopath. I do wonder who'll get knocked off next.

16. tvjunkie

tvjunkie Member

I liked the first two seasons but season three kind of lost me. Rumor has it that season four is shot in a shopping mall so I wonder what they'll do to make it different from the film Dawn of the Dead. I'll watch it anyway because I have the time to kill.

17. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

You know what keeps bugging me?
    That Merle's sacrifice came off as more of a suicide
    ...and why didn't Rick already know about the prison? He's a sheriff.

ozadin and twistedyees8787 like this.
  18. twistedyees8787

Wow....good point on the prison. He really should know about the where abouts. Good call

19. lxandreaxl

lxandreaxl New Member

I absolutely love The Walking Dead. It's definitely the type of show to suck you in and make you wonder what's next. I know it's shocked me quite a few times, taking unexpected turns with unexpected characters. I do want to read the comics, too, at some point.

20. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

I totally love this amazing TV show! I've been following it for a while, and I just can't wait for the next season! I think it's going to be awesome, I can't stop wondering what's going to happen next in that prison. I think a lot people is going to die, I pray to G-d that Daryl is not one of them. I also happen love the comics on which this TV show is based :) The comic book is a total masterpiece... wish it was full colour tho.