General Discussion Threshold For Stress

Well, I will just come right out and say it; I have a VERY low threshold for stress, which can be a bad thing simply because life is and can be VERY stressful. Stressful things are going to happen to us, and I can hardly stand it. I know that good comes with the bad and all of that, but I do not like to be stressed out by anything, which is why I have such a bad relationship with money amongst many other things.

Do you have a high threshold for stress, or a low one?

Mine is high, I rarely stress, I often ear my wife saying "you don't care about anything", but that is not true, I do care inside, I just don't need to be nervous on the outside.

Well, maybe sometimes I am distracted as well. :D

High, after all the hell I've been tru... I had to adapt, either that or simply give up. I've been tru some really stressful events in the last years, when so many bad things happen to you at once... you just have to learn to cope with it. It wasn't easy... I felt so overwhelmed, but now I just go on no matter what. Stress can't affect me the same way it did, it could be because I left expectations behind (not meaning to sound grim, just very honest).

I know what you mean, people who had or have health problems or other serious issues in their lives tend to see things in a different, more broad and calmer way...

High, after all the hell I've been tru... I had to adapt, either that or simply give up. I've been tru some really stressful events in the last years, when so many bad things happen to you at once... you just have to learn to cope with it. It wasn't easy... I felt so overwhelmed, but now I just go on no matter what. Stress can't affect me the same way it did, it could be because I left expectations behind (not meaning to sound grim, just very honest).

Well see, I am similar to you. I have been through a LOT of high stress things in my life, and rather than having built up my threshold for stress, it has lowered it, and I just can't take a lot of things that I otherwise would have been able to take now. I don't like stress, and if there is a situation that I can foresee as being stressful then most often I will not venture forward into it, which is detrimental because in life there is going to be stress.

That's really unfortunate :( I guess it doesn't go the same way for everyone, right now I'm trying not to think much or worry anymore (been struggling with a chronic condition for nearly 3 years now). I can worry, or try to live my life, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I need an extra push to do the latter. I've figured out I'll keep doing this for as long as I can...

Don't worry, stressing is normal, it could also be because the depression. Lately I feel overwhelmed as well, but since everything that could go wrong has gone wrong already, I'm no longer surprised. Just hang in there, I know what is like to live stressed out :(

That's really unfortunate :( I guess it doesn't go the same way for everyone, right now I'm trying not to think much or worry anymore (been struggling with a chronic condition for nearly 3 years now). I can worry, or try to live my life, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I need an extra push to do the latter. I've figured out I'll keep doing this for as long as I can...

Don't worry, stressing is normal, it could also be because the depression. Lately I feel overwhelmed as well, but since everything that could go wrong has gone wrong already, I'm no longer surprised. Just hang in there, I know what is like to live stressed out :(

For your chronic condition, have you gone down the holistic route for solutions and relief? I would suggest that you do so if you have not already been able to get a solution from a doctor. There is so much that doctors need to learn about the energy that flows around our bodies.

I get depressed sometimes. I am feeling a little depressed now to be honest. I am just barely out of having the flu, but still have a nose full of mucus and a chest that I cannot breathe out of very well. On top of that I just came on my period ten days early, which is usually very painful in and of itself. I just want to fast-forward a couple of days right now so that I don't have to live them.

Aww!! Sorry to hear that!! I also have somewhat painful periods... the worst symptoms show up right before the period tho. One of the worst symptoms is thigh pain! Feels like someone is stabbing me with a fork! Have you tried to see a doctor, just to check if everything is ok? A period coming 10 days earlier sounds a bit odd :(

As for the holistic alternative, actually I'm starting to explore that at the moment. I'm really hopeful that will help, but I don't want to get my hope too high right now (just in case!).

You have to be careful when it comes to stress as it can make you ill or even kill you and that's why l don't let things get to me, even when things look really bad l still have to stay strong.

My threshold for stress I would say is abnormally high. I actually thrive off of stress in some cases. I used to work in a very stressful environment, and my colleagues noticed that the more pressure that was on us, the better I would perform. I find that stressful situations usually bring the best out of me, stressful situations allow me to grow. Being out of your comfort zone can be a very positive thing if you look at it with a positive outlook. I think anyone can raise their threshold for stress as long as they change their perception of the situation and try to see the good in it.