Let's go on sharing God's given talents!
I have read works of different authors through time. However, I deem Paulo Coelho as the most unique in his style of writing. He does not just write just to entertain. He writes with depth. He writes as if he is writing a spiritual book but he covers it with a beautiful veil of a story. When I read, I'm taken into a journey and when I return, I'm energized. As a Catholic like him, I am drawn closer to God through his novels.

This is my view. This is what I share to you. Now, it would be of great delight for you too share yours. My dear friend, who is your most unique author? and why?

I've recently finished reading The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne Valente. I thought that she had a very original voice, not to mention the content. It can be difficult to write wisdom and have it just work without sounding wrong, preachy, or pretentious--especially if the writer is young, but Valente manages it.

It was frankly very refreshing, because so much of what I've been reading lately, popular YA or NA (new adult) paranormal novels, they're entertaining, they have good plots, and relatable characters...but, the writing style has sort of become the same? Even when it's different people writing it, and the style should be unique to each author. This is not a bad thing, it can make it easier to read when you don't have the author reminding you that this is a book you're reading and only a story that you're reading, but since this thread was asking for unique authors--well, Valente is one, in my opinion! I'd really like to read her other books for that reason.