Collectibles What Do You Collect?

I used to collect video games. Like tons of them ranging from a wide variety of consoles starting from a NES until the Xbox 360. But now I have taken a fancy to Anime figurines. I just found out that they make very high quality character models in Japan. Just ordered a couple of Megahouse One Piece figures. Hope they arrive soon! :D

Oh, I have a friend who collects video games too. He mainly collects Nintendo NS games, which sounds strange because the ones he collects, he doesn't play on the Nintendo console. Those games remain unopened, just the way he purchase from the store.

The only thing I collect is video games. Though, I am building up a collection of unused prepaid phones. I don't even know where most of them came from and should probably give them away.

I used to also collect video games for my Playstation 2, but obviously that console has been out of the mainstream eye for some time now, due to the PS3 and Xbox 360 coming out to overshadow it. I had MANY games for the PS2, and recently went into a shop to trade them all for money. Some of the best games for the PS2 are now only something like forty pence - not even a full pound - which is kind of depressing when you think about it.

I have always had a fascination with face masks. I have been collecting them for a very long time.
The most i had at once was over 50 of them. I have reduced my collection.

I continue to be fascinated by them.

I collect Pokemon cards. Some of these cards I've had ever since I was a young child, so it holds special meaning for me. I probably won't ever sell them, even if some of the cards I have are likely worth quite a bit now.

Other than that, I also collect pencils - every time I go on a trip, I buy a neat-looking pencil from that place as a souvenir.

Watches. I am currently saving up to build my watch collection. It IS an expensive hobby. :(

I am planning to get a thin dress watch for my next addition to the collection. Those are really classy and simply look amazing with a suit!

1363095685-00566400.jpg

I also collect Eclipse mint boxes. Hahahahah they are just so pretty!

EclipseMints.jpg

I collect coins passively (when I find them in my change). Oftentimes the Canadian Mint will release limited edition quarters, with a special image on the front or a series of different images which replace the normal tail of the coin (a caribou). There are a lot of American coins in circulation up here also, so I do sometimes collect the American state quarters (a state on the quarter instead of the normal eagle image). I'm not a huge hoarder or collector, but it's fun to get into something like collecting. Who knows, maybe one day they'll be worth something?

When I was much younger I collected quarters. The ones with different states on it. Until, I decided to spend it all like it was meant to be.

I collect a lot of things, Action figures, consoles, games, books, DVD sets and also cosplay props. Yeah, I sound so nerdy saying that but I just really want to keep these things for a few reasons. 1. I may want to re-watch or re-read them. 2. I always keep a souvenir of something I enjoyed. And basically I just have a problem with letting things go so I always keep reminders of them. xD

I also collect books, mostly hard to find ones. If I am to die today and people would do an inventory of what I truly own, it would only be books. They are my only treasures and possessions. I have temporarily stopped buying as of this time, as I still have to read half of them but more importantly, I also need to invest in having my own place especially that my parents have grown irritated of the sight of my books taking a lot of space in their house.