General Discussion What keeps you going?

Knowing that there is something good to watch on television is what keeps me going. I can see the shock on all your faces, ha! That's partially true but there's more to me than that. I have to feed my family and take care of my folks. Having people who need me and love me is what keeps me going - I can't afford to fail them or disappoint myself in that area.

Lol, actually that's not so far off! Waiting for the new season of the walking dead has given me something to look forward to :p As for the family, same here! I can't fail them or give up just like that! Specially my mom, I owe her everything!

What keeps me going is life itself. My family, friends, and everything is between keeps me going. Even on a better day, I will know things will get better eventually.

That's great :) So the people in your life keep you going, are like your pillar of strenght and the force that pushes you everyday :) In a way, I think there is someone like that in my life, I'm not talking about my mom only, but also my boyfriend; I can't fail him on this one.

That's cool, saving for a trip over here as well, mine is to the Netherlands tho :) This trip could change my whole life for good, at its best... at its worst, well... I could just have a blast! ;)

Oh, that's cool, my friend lives in the Netherlands. I live in the UK anyway, but there's a gig coming up that I really want to go to... But then I spend £6.50 on a vinyl from the same band, so i'm slightly down on the money I need haha. That's great if it can change you're life for the better! *fingers crossed*

It's just a trip to the Netherlands :p But it's not just a trip for me... a lot things could happen after I go on this trip... :) and that's the main reason I'm working towards this goal every single day :D I'm a very curious person as well ;)

So, you are getting married in the Netherlands? I think it is a great idea, why not? Possibly you send me an invitation? :p

So, you are getting married in the Netherlands? I think it is a great idea, why not? Possibly you send me an invitation? :p

Weeeeeeell, not quite there yet ;) but hopely that could be happening very soon... maybe on 2015! Who knows. This trip is more like a really romantic and well-deserved escapade with my actual boyfriend :) Hopely we get married one day, I'd really like that to happen, but you can never know what future will bring! I try not to think a lot about the future, just take things as they come, but it's way easier to tell than to actually do, lol.

I think travelling is the best thing a person or a couple can do, it's great to know new places and people and that stays in our memory (and pictures :)) forever. After having kids it is not so easy...

Agreed! I try to travel at least 3 times a month out of the county i'm in. As and when I can afford it and if time's on my side. I'm doing ok so far for this month and been nearly 1000 miles in the last week and planning on going to London next week.

Not a lot keeps me going. I have wanted to give up SO many times, and just not be alive or be here. Not many things keep me going.

The only thing that really keeps me going is my body. It has not broken down and died yet lol.

But as far as life goes, the only thing that keeps me going is my friends, family and the internet. I love to read, make music, and just be creative in any way that I can. I feel most alive when I am doing things that call creativity from me.

Not much else keeps me going.

Dreek, friends and family are great reasons to keep going, it's more than many what you have. And you also have internet! What else do you need? :p

Haha. I agree with the above! I try to believe you can find a reason to live in anything. I probably sound like a hippy now haha.(Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Bands I love keep me going as well, plus memories(good, bad and embarrassing). Also the thought, that anything could happen and anything can change week to week. Things always get better, or worse, but at least things level out every now and then.

As this song says "I live for these moments, just like this one"(
). I completely agree, i'm not being biased 'cause i'm actually in the video and that is probably one of the moments I live for, being at gigs.

I'll stop waffling, I know what i'm trying to say anyway, haha.