Tech What type of cell phone do you own?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mjolnir, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Mjolnir

Mjolnir
    Expand Collapse

What type of cell phone do you own and what type of cell phone do you want to own? Are you satisfied with your cell phone?

I'm currently using two cell phones.
    1. Huawei U8600 - good battery, good appearance (it kinda looks like an iPhone), Android OS, bad internal memory that can cause a lot of trouble with updating your apps.
    2. Nokia C6-00 - good battery, a little bit "fat", it has a full keyboard, no Android OS, a little bit slow...

I would like to have the newest iPhone.

2. Red Lion

Red Lion
    Expand Collapse

I own Samsung galaxy S4 and I dont find an interest in it because of the least features it has upgraded from S3..
    totally deto..

3. Mjolnir

Mjolnir
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about its features but it sure looks beautiful. The screen obviously has high resolution and it looks very bright.

4. Shortie861

Shortie861
    Expand Collapse

At the moment I own a Sony Xperia J myself which I have had since around January and I am really enjoying using. I had thought about upgrading to an iPhone however at the moment with me not being on a contract with my current phone I am unable to upgrade on contract so it would mean paying in full for the iPhone which would be too much for me.

5. EileenCruz

EileenCruz
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I have an iPhone 5. My tech friends want me to switch to an android phone, but I've invested too much I apps and I like how it manages my music. Besides, I can still login to the server via command line, use these forums and update Wordpress all from this phone.

Though, I will say that I liked the iPhone 4 better. The camera on the iPhone 5 isn't as much of a win IMO because of that weird purple flare.

6. Bond007

Bond007
    Expand Collapse
    Shaken Not Stirred!!

iPhone 4.. My pride and joy!! Only problem for me is the battery life but I am happy to put up with that for the sake of having the iPhone 4. Would never upgrade to the 5 heard too many bad things about it!!

7. EileenCruz

EileenCruz
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Good decision. Definitely stick with the 4 for as long as you can.

8. Bond007

Bond007
    Expand Collapse
    Shaken Not Stirred!!

I will be sticking with it, a friend or mine has had to replace his iPhone 5 on 3 seperate occasions because of different faults, it just doesn't sound appealing to upgrade..

9. Red Lion

Red Lion
    Expand Collapse

I am not an big IPhone fan ,But serious IPhone 4 is good .
    But I am not sure this remains same for the upcoming series of IPhone:(

10. Cutler4Life

Cutler4Life
    Expand Collapse

I own an iPhone 4, but the 5 is coming tomorrow! They are offering many discounted iphone 5 deals right now, so I decided to cash in.

11. Haider

Haider
    Expand Collapse

I OWN Nokia 1280
    The QuardCore :D

12. 2787cmt

2787cmt
    Expand Collapse

I have a lame LG Cosmos 2. I would like to get a smartphone sometime in the future, but I would like to get a job first. Personally, I would like to have an iPhone 5.

13. EileenCruz

EileenCruz
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

The camera is wonky. None of the pics I take on the iPhone 5 look as good as on the iPhone 4, even though the MP is higher.

If that's not important to you, you'll probably be fine. ^_^

14. Matt H

Matt H
    Expand Collapse

It's old and janky now, but I still have a Droid 2. I'm thinking about getting a Moto X come FAll when they come out, but I'm not sure yet. I love having the slide-out keyboard even though I know it's a relic of the past.

15. twistedyees8787

twistedyees8787
    Expand Collapse

I finally got my first Iphone and it is a Iphone 4. I suggest the world getting a IPhone. Hopefully soon I'll get upgraded to the Iphone 5.

The color of the pictures, the great apps, the clarity of the phone calls = priceless

16. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1
    Expand Collapse

I have a Nokia C3 which suits me ok, it's not the best phone, but it does what I need it to.

17. tribie

tribie
    Expand Collapse

I own a Sony Experia Play and I have Sims and a couple of Playstation games in it. When I'm out and there's no internet connection, the games are pretty useful for passing time.

18. lxandreaxl

lxandreaxl
    Expand Collapse

I have an iPhone 5 and I couldn't imagine owning anything else. I'm super excited for the iOS 7 update coming this fall, too. The new software looks amazing! Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

19. ozadin

ozadin
    Expand Collapse

I'm an owner of the Galaxy S4 for about a month now. Other than battery life, I don't see many issues. Apps are responsive, theme looks great, the clutter can be toned down a bit, but it's decent overall. Considering my previous phone was a slide to text basic phone, the Galaxy S4 is a huge upgrade.

20. wowtgp

wowtgp
    Expand Collapse

I had a simple phone I bought back in 2008 up until now. But I have bought a new Micromax A116 which costed me INR 11,000 or $250.