Most strategy games are based on fictional conflicts, but NUMANTIA, releasing soon on consoles and PC, takes its inspiration directly from a real event. It’s an obscure one, so odds are you’ve never heard of it. Who says education can’t be fun?
NUMANTIA is set in the Iberian Peninsula during the Roman Republic era, at the tail end of a 20-year conflict between the Romans and the Celtiberian tribe of Numantia. It was at this point the Romans sent their best general, Scipio Aemilianus, to put an end to the Numantians’ rebellion once and for all, igniting a conflict known as the Siege of Numantia.
In NUMANTIA you can play on either the Roman or the Numantian side. Both sides command an army of 30 units, from foot soldiers to long-range arrow-shooters. History has already been written, but how this clash ends in the game is up to you. You’ll also have the option of battling one-on-one against a friend.
* Experience a narrative-driven campaign set between 153 B.C. and 133 B.C.
* Choose between the fearless Celtiberian tribe of Numantia or the mighty Republican army of Rome.
* Lead a massive army of 30 units – such as spearmen, slingers, cavalry, and even siege machines – in epic battles.
* Take on the campaign solo or fight a friend in a one-on-one battle.
* Manage a full-fledged army and witness historical events unfold.
NUMANTIA will be released October 25 for Playstation 4, XBox One and PC (via Steam). Here’s a trailer…