It’s a myth that all indie games are made in the same way. Some of them make the full game and go straight to release, that’s true. But others have to scrap and claw their way through the development process just to get to a point where they hope they are successful. A good example of this is Circle Empires. This very unique RTS game spent years being made into a demo, a demo! The team wanted to make sure it was ready for people to try it out.
So, they got it ready and then put it out on Game Jolt, where it was very popular, and got 150,000 downloads. They then took the feedback they got from it, and now, Circle Empires is coming to PC this August.
Here are some of the things you can expect from the game:
– Fast-paced real-time strategic gameplay with large-scale battles
– Expand your empire, circle by circle
– Units can gain XP and level up
– Procedurally generated worlds containing unique flora and fauna
– 150+ different creatures, buildings and resources
– 18 Different faction leaders, a variety of bonuses
– 12 enemy boss monsters
– A magnificent treasury that grows with each battle
“We worked on the Circle Empires demo for many years and we’re pleased to now have a final product in our hands. Folks who played the demo can expect a greatly improved experience with a lot more content. Love from thousands of Youtubers during the development (who only played the demo, without having the faintest idea Luminous was making it into a full-sized RTS) actively inspired us to stay focused on bringing the game to a new level of experience.” – Mihkel Trei, lead developer at Luminous.Advertisement
To see more of what the game is like, check out the trailer below: