Video Games PC Over Console?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreek Lass, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Dreek Lass

Dreek Lass Member

I don't have a lot of money these days. The most game play that I have gotten is on my smartphone. I installed Sims Supernatural, and on my PC, which is where I downloaded a simulator so that I could play Pokemon and other games. I must say that playing games on my PC is not all that fulfilling for me. The controls are annoying and hard to control because you are operating the game with the keyboard, and sometimes you need to be quick and it is just not possible with a keyboard - depending on which kind of keyboard you have, of course. Then there are the games that are released on multiple platforms, PC included. The PC versions are usually cheaper, and I can see why lol.

I would much rather play games that are out on PC and other platforms on the other platforms, because you have everything you need in the control pad that comes with that console, rather than having to scramble for keyboard keys when playing said game on your PC.

So do you prefer to play games on other platforms, or do you prefer to play them on a PC?

2. anessa

anessa New Member

I like a mix. I play a few tablets on the tablet but when it comes to the rest it is only PC or console, the tablet really takes thirds when it comes to gaming. On the PC lately it is just World of Warcraft on the weekends with no heavy raiding anymore. Console wise we are waiting to get Xbox Day One, a little impatient on that too.

3. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Member

Well, that's just two different things. I guess most of us would have a PC at home even if we not play anything on any platform. A PC is just more. It's also a lot more difficult to get a game running on a PC because there there can more just go wrong.

With a console you just stick the game in and that's it.

4. ozadin

ozadin Member

I prefer PC mostly because there are more options. You have to ability to voice chat with your friends, browse the internet, as well as play similar games on the PC compared to the console. When it comes to console, all you can do is relax on your comfy chair or bed, and play games on it. No Skype at the moment, and unable to browse the internet if you need tips or tricks on a certain game.

However, the Xbox One is coming out soon. I heard they integrated Skype, and turning the console into an all-in-one entertainment console as opposed to a gaming console. If they want it to be more popular, than this is a good choice. Eventually, consoles will die out if they continue to dedicate it to only gaming. Consoles need for variety, and Microsoft with the Xbox One is one step ahead in the console industry.

5. parksooah

parksooah New Member

I prefer PC. If you dont have a lot of money, you could try to build a pc by scavenging newegg for good deals but i doubt you will find any super cheap ones. If you are as tapped out on money as you say, you'll probably want to go with the console route.

6. tvjunkie

tvjunkie Member

I find playing on the PC to be so limiting. for the full experience, I need the console because I don't have to use a keyboard so the controls make me feel like a real part of the game. PC is for games like solitaire!

7. lindbergh

lindbergh Member

I like to play on a PC but I enjoy playing on a console even more. I've had a lot of consoles - the NES, the PS 1, PS 2, PS 3, etc and I loved playing games on all of them. I don't have to worry about system requirements when playing on consoles. Using a controller when playing games feels so natural. And there are a lot of console exclusive games that are not available on the PC.

8. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I am more of a PC guy ever since I have played amazing exclusives like Arma 2, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, The Slender and more that you can't get on consoles. Moreover, I have never gotten the hang off controllers while playing a shooter. I like to aim with my mouse. It's seamless and precise.

So yeah, a PC supporter here.

9. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

I like to keep it as varied as possible to be honest; I own a gaming laptop as well as a PS3. I might be ditching the PS3 soon, so I can get a PS4 ;) To be honest I like to use both, having two consoles allows me to have more access to other games, because there are some games that are exclusively made for the PS3 and some PS3 games will never make it to the PC... :(

10. sushiking89

sushiking89 New Member

I like to play on the PC. PC offers more variety of games to play. I only play my mobile or console games when I was lazy and just want to lie down.

11. bknight

bknight Member

PC only for some FPS/strategy games, all else goes much better on consoles, I think the console experience is far superior to the one you'll get when playing in the computer, not even mentioning you have to always be checking your requirements for those heavy graphic games that come once in a while, console is definitely my pick here, although I like to having a nice PC to be able to play some MMO's and football manager, aswell as diablo, but for everything else, come to daddy PS3.

12. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

The idea of doing all of my gaming on the same machine I do all of my work on is unappealing to me. I need some separation of work and play. Because of that, I prefer playing on consoles.

13. cg303

cg303 New Member

I like to play on both Pc and Console, mainly because you can mod
    pc games. if a console allowed you to download mods I would defiantly
    stick to console. I would rather pay $500 for a new system every generation instead
    of $2000 every 3 years for a new pc.

14. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Same here. I play one console only when I feel like laying down on my couch and shooting someone in face :)

15. churchies

churchies New Member

PC for sure, stronger hardware for more advanced gameplay and better graphics. The only thing I would prefer is the ps3/xbox controllers, they are so much nicer than PC game controllers.

16. littleredcookbook

littleredcookbook New Member

PC is really great for rpgs and shooters. You can adjust the mouse sensitivity and remap your keyboard controls on most games. You do have to sit up to play a PC game though, so I've been doing a lot of lazing around playing my 3DS lately. :D The last two weeks of the semester I never feel like doing much productive or anything that requires being upright lol

17. Dreek Lass

Dreek Lass Member

I played a first person shooter on my uncle's old PC when I was younger. His PC was pretty old, but the game was amazing. I have forgotten what the game is called now that I am older, but it was the first first person shooter that I ever played on a PC and enjoyed. Overall, consoles handle shooting games better in my opinion though.

18. TheViper

TheViper Member

The PC is great for certain genres. Though, the reason most people buy consoles is because they want the newest game right then. With PC you have to wait for any new game to be ported if it isn't already being released on it.