General Discussion What's Your Favorite Hobby?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lxandreaxl, Aug 12, 2013.

1. lxandreaxl

lxandreaxl New Member

I love reading, writing and scrapbooking. Reading, for me, is definitely a way to relax at the end of the day. It allows you to live someone else's life for a while. Writing and scrapbooking are ways for me to unleash my creative side, through words and also pictures. I get in "moods" where I prefer one over the other.
    So, what's your favorite hobby?

Kendra7042 likes this.
  2. caparica007

caparica007 Member

My favorite hobby is playing tennis. I never took lessons, what I now regret, but I play at least twice a week a three set match - about two hours per game. I really love the game and especially the good environment between all the players that are in our ranking - we have our own site - it is a lot of fun. If anyone playing tennis drops by Portugal, let me know! :)

3. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

One of my favorite hobbies is to work on improving my writing skills, I also like to learn other languages. So far I'm very fluent in two languages, and I know the basics of 3 other languages and dialects :) I think learning a new language can be one of the most enriching hobbies out there, and it's also good for the brain :) I also enjoy gardening, cooking and photography. I like to blog, but I have no time to do that right now :(

4. zambothegreat

zambothegreat Member

My favorite hobby involves listening to, playing, and researching music. I love reading about music and musicians, and I get a little bit of a serotonin rush when I find good deals on albums I'm interested in. It's a bit of an addiction. I have an acoustic and an electric guitar, and I really like learning new stuff and improving on what I already know.

5. rzashida

rzashida New Member

I love gardening, collecting antiques, crocheting and dancing. In other words I am a old woman, But I love peaceful things . My favorite thing to collect are glass insulators and aqua mason Jars... I have a very small collection.

6. dylan thor

dylan thor New Member

Mine is photography. There is always this feeling of euphoria whenever I capture raw emotions from people I know and from strangers. I started this hobby 3 years ago with a point and shoot. Back then I would usually take self-portraits because I do not have any model to shoot. Then I went on to landscape photography. When I had my DLSR a year ago, I started braving the streets to take photos of strangers. I do get their consent first but I end up getting awkward shots. So most of the time, I take photos of them first and then I get their consent after. But three years into photogrpahy I still have not found my cliche.

7. Kendra7042

Kendra7042 New Member

I love writing, drawing, and sewing. Writing is something I have always loved to do since Kindergarten. I love journaling and expressing my thoughts because I find it the best way to let out my emotions. I also love content writing. I will literally stay up and write all day long! I like drawing and sewing as well because I love doing task that require me to use my hands. Drawing is something I find fun, and creative. Sewing is extremely challenging but is something that can relieve stress and be fun at the same time. Sewing is one of the best hobbies I have found for me and I'm learning new things about it each and everyday!

8. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady New Member

I have always been an outside kind of a person, and so doing yardwork and gardening are both things that I enjoy. When the weather is bad, rainy or snowing, then I have to be inside, and I like to read, and also I enjoy knitting and crocheting.
    I recycle the plastic bags from the grocery, and crochet them into throw rugs for around the house.
    I also make them into dog rugs for in their dog beds . image.jpg

9. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Member

I also like crocheting but i'd never thought of doing this, that's a really good idea!

Aside from crotchet, I love photography, especially photojournalism and documentary photography. I also love playing my guitar.

10. caparica007

caparica007 Member

Wow, I didn't even know it is possible to crochet plastic bags. My grandmother crochets with wool and other lines, but how do you do it with plastic?

11. sos

sos New Member

There is nothing that I love more thanreading. It just gives me a great feeling of fulfillment. I am what you would call a voracious reader.

12. churchies

churchies New Member

I have recently become a great fan of the street workouts. Where you do gymnastics based movements/training with your own bodyweight anywhere any time. I love the idea that you can become stronger with only your own body and achieve skills that you would have previously dreamed of.

13. tvjunkie

tvjunkie Member

Mine is watching television. That's a hobby, right? I love watching everything from movies to sports, and even news. I workout with my TV on and I sleep with it on too.

14. churchies

churchies New Member

No wonder you call yourself tvjunkie LOL, that's alot of time with the tv!

Rubymusic1 likes this.
  15. BigDreamer

BigDreamer New Member

Mine is photography. I love taking pictures! I am still new to it and learning as I go. My pictures may not be the best but I love to capture memories!

16. sos

sos New Member

Wow that is something that I have a developing interest in. I hope we can share and develop this interest together.

17. zlemune

zlemune Member

I like crafting of various types, but particularly beading and making jewelry.

18. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Member

Going to gigs and travelling, and that's what I did this weekend. Nearly 1000 mils later and i'm so tired, but it was SO worth it!

19. Kelly Hartman

Kelly Hartman Contributor

I'd probably have to say anything to do with acquiring and consuming books. Reading them is fun, but I actually think hunting down titles in different stores is even more enjoyable. Bonus points if they are used book stores or a store without formal structure (like a mom & pop bookstore).

20. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Member

That's a dog. D. O. G.