TV and Film "You're Next" Smarter Slasher Horror - Film Review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EileenCruz, Sep 3, 2013.

1. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

View the Post on the Blog

#1 EileenCruz, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. churchies

churchies New Member

I was looking forward to watching this movie as it had higher ratings then previous slasher films. I am not a fairly big fan of gory films though, so if it is similar to Evil Dead I may just give it a skip or watch it with friends so I won't feel as bad.

3. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

Definitely watch it with friends. It's more fun that way anyway. I saw it with my husband and a good audience.

4. zlemune

zlemune Member

Cool, my boyfriends wants to see it but the posters looked lame so I'm glad to see a positive review and to hear it has a sense of humor. I've gotten incredibly bored of the wave of too-serious horror that we've seen in the past few years.

5. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

...And all of the supernatural horror films. It feels like there have been a lot of those lately.

6. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 New Member

I thought it was a rather solid film. While I didn't care much for the casting for some reason, the overall film had a solid production quality and a polish to it. It wasn't some big overblown star studded blockbuster, but it wasn't some shoestring budget direct to video movie either. It definitely hit a lot of the right notes for fans of the slasher genre. I like that it stayed somewhat more traditional in it's story line, rather than being all too meta like Scream, and it wasn't really going for a M. Night Shamalyan surprise ending either.