General Discussion Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigDreamer, Nov 27, 2013.

1. BigDreamer

BigDreamer New Member

Lots of stores will be open on Thanksgiving. Will you be out shopping?
    I personally will not be, I will be at home eating leftovers!
    My daughter has to work and also her boyfriend and my husband, so I will be home alone. :(

2. shameful

shameful New Member

I will be out looking for as many bargins as possible! I will be out from early as l know other shoppers will be, l've seen fights, pushes and verbal altercations so l'm sure it will be fun.:)

3. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

Over here they don't really celebrate thanksgiving, so this week the grocery store was ok. But the christmas week it will be a true nightmare, I avoid going grocery shopping during that week. But I've had to go in the past, and yeah.. all I found were leftovers!

4. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I am going to shop on Thanksgiving because I have made a list of things I am going to buy. I don't want to go to the Black Friday sale because there are some crazy, aggressive people out there. I try to avoid the Black Friday sale as far away as possible, and that's the reason I will go shopping on Thanksgiving.

5. charahome

charahome Member

I will not participate in the shopping frenzy on a day that has been a family day for so long. I am very upset that retailers feel the need to keep adding hours to shopping for Black Friday.

I read an article that a Pizza Hut Manager was fired because he refused to work Thanksgiving day.

If the whole workforce refused, could they fire everybody?

It is a shame.

6. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I just heard about this new on the radio today, which I was speechless to hear that. I believe the Pizza Hut manager didn't want to work on Thanksgiving day because he might have his reason. I don't know the reason people would force their employees to work on holidays.

7. TheViper

TheViper Member

Why go out on Thanksgiving when Black Friday is right after?

I will be home eating Turkey and watching football. You guys can go and act crazy at the stores.

8. tvjunkie

tvjunkie Member

I'll be indoors eating pizza and watching TV. the most shopping I'll do is for movies online. I hate going out when everyone else is out shopping, and I even have someone hired to do my black Friday shopping this year.

9. charahome

charahome Member

As expected, there were videos all over you tube regarding fights, disorder, and masses going into shopping centers. It is sad to see so many people so desperate to join in such a craze.

I will do my shopping when I am good and ready, not when merchants want to create such an upheaval.